Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People's Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Release Train Engineer's (RTE), you will support and coach Premera's Applications Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE will facilitate the Agile Release Train events and processes and coach them to successfully deliver valuable software in a large-scale, complex environment. The RTE will communicate with stakeholders, resolve and/or escalate impediments, help manage risk and drive relentless continuous improvement. The RTE will also be a key player in driving forward our Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders, Product Managers, teams and Scrum Master in the new processes and mindset. The RTE will help to define the SAFe process to align to the organization's needs.
What you'll do
* Facilitate the coordinated preparation of release planning for the release train. This includes:
* Working with the Architecture and Product Management to prioritize the features to be considered in the next planning cycle
* Assisting the Product Team in the refining of features to be considered in the next planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready
* Facilitating the ART events and ceremonies
* Assist the ART (Agile Release Train) in managing dependencies on third parties, release managers, or and/or other agile teams
* Assist the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery
* Manage and track ART risks and impediments
* Manage changes to the ART's plan and the impacts of those changes
* Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
* Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and help them improve
* Assist the ART to remain transparent to the teams on the train, and to the organization through:
* Backlog Management and tool data integrity for accurate reporting
* Collection of metrics, KPIs, investment mix reporting, and other reporting as needed by the release train or organization
* Facilitate of System Demos and Solution Demos
* Coach leaders, Product Managers, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
What you'll bring
* Bachelors Degree or 4 years related experience
* 7 years' experience as Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
* Experience with Lean Portfolio Management for program or portfolio, including prioritization, road mapping and budgeting
* Deep understanding of Agile Principles and practices, including Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Framework
* Deep understanding of meaningful Agile metrics and how to interpret them
* Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to successfully lead and manage cross-functional team, and facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels
* Very strong leadership qualities with definitive, successful experience in leadership positions, including demonstrated ability to drive and influence peers with indirect reporting relationships
* Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and influence others, through strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, within and outside of the department and at all levels of the organization
What we offer
* Medical, vision and dental coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
* Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
* Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
* Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at email@example.com or via phone at 425-918-4785.