IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking a talented, hands-on Release Manager who has a passion for technology and education to help us build a first-rate delivery pipeline for our extremely successful educational products.
As the Release Manager on our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to build a Release Management team responsible for implementing and managing release processes across IXL's products. You will own the Release Management life cycle, providing the tools and services needed for our development teams to seamlessly manage and deploy code to our users. The Release Manager will work across teams to manage project interdependencies, meet delivery goals, and measure success. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
International candidates encouraged to apply; H1B sponsorship is available.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Develop a talented team who will be responsible for deploying IXL software and continuously improving the deployment process
* Provide guidance and mentorship to engineers to ensure a high level of work satisfaction, technical advancement, and progress towards individual career goals
* Ensure that company initiatives, mission, goals, and values are clear to each team member
* Manage the technical design and engineering of IXL's release infrastructure and tools
* Own the source control system, third-party repositories, build system, and deployment framework
* Work cross functionally with our Engineering, Product Management, QA, and Design teams to maintain and communicate a clear release schedule and ensure successful deployments
* Be a proactive, results-oriented manager who will make a difference at a company that teachers, students, and parents love
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
* 5+ years of experience in release engineering
* 2+ years of experience as a release manager
* Experience building a top performing engineering team
* Strong communication, problem-solving, organization, and time management skills
* Passion for improving education through technology
About IXL Learning
IXL Learning is an educational technology company that delivers an immersive learning experience used by more than 5 million students worldwide.