Cognizant is hiring for "Release Manager"- Chicago, IL, Interested candidates who are willing to relocate within the USA can apply. Relocation assistance will be provided
Note:"Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role."
1. Associate leads the Release Management team distributed across onsite & offshore. Single point-of-contact for Release Management oversight.
2. Has overall responsibility for planning, documenting, directing, and coordinating release activities through agile methodology including all projects, small enhancements, and defects changes and potentially includes infrastructure upgrades, software push installs and other technical changes as required.
3. Creates and maintains a release calendar in JIRA for the domain systems/various applications which includes testing timelines and a production release date which aligns to the Enterprise calendar. Also ensures off cycle changes are imperative and do not impact the scheduled release.
4. Creates change tickets in Service Now and tracks each release component in JIRA to ensure all release milestones are met, including change board are approved, SOX compliant information is documented and approved, action items are addressed, and dependency and implementation along with back-out plans are in place, as well as ensures the quality and integrity of the information. Chairs CAB Meeting for final review approvals.
5. Validates adherence to Release and Change Management Process and Standards. Communicates/facilitates adoption of standards to product suites. Also a strong advocate for roll out of any new processes and tools.
6. Participates in Enterprise RM Governance. Performs Release Readiness which confirms all release components have met all required milestones for individual systems and checkpoints and are ready to move to production. Also updates the attestation prior to the release so as to ensure all release gates are closed. Provides release status updates to Enterprise Release Management and provides High/Critical Defect status during readiness periods.
7. Facilitates deployment of the release into the test and production environments. Sets up all implementation and validation calls. (and ensure emergency/back out policies are followed)
8. Communicates the final success or failure of the production release implementation to IT and business management, stakeholders, and other release managers along with tracking of open issues if any, during the release and closely monitors post-production incidents.
9. Applies release, implementation, and change management methodologies and procedures to ensure that the goals and objectives of each release are accomplished within time frame.
10. Coordinates with RM's for cross suite dependencies and cross application (outside of SET).
11. Tracks and reports release metrics to a pre-defined baseline metrics to assess and measure areas of necessary improvement.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.