As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond - with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners - Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more - to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!Position Overview
As we expand our regional field sales and technical expertise to deliver Advanced Technology Solutions to our clients, we are seeking a strong Regional Technical Director. Primary responsibility will be to engage with our field sales teams and customers to drive business solutions to our customers. This position is responsible for ensuring the operational excellence of the regional services team and pre-sales technical support and for developing relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 hardware manufacturers and software publishers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Regional Director is primarily responsible for:
* To be the lead technical regional resource for Zones in driving our Solutions to clients. Participate in Pre-Sales activities at a business level to understand their demonstrated needs and align a technical solution.
* Actively participate in client facing Zones Connect Customer events in Region to deliver our Solutions message.
* Develop local relationships with vendor and manufacturer partners to grow our technology product and services sales and enhance existing solutions message.
* Hire, evaluate, develop and direct technical employees (Field Engineers, System Engineers, Network Engineers, Project Managers and Solution Sales Experts) in your region through direct or dotted-line reporting (see below)
* Work with and develop local partners and manage technical staff utilized from their staffing pools in order to effectively resource client projects
* Provide quality results in all technical services, conduct customer meetings, manage QA process for all delivered services; develop pre-sales skills in technical staff
* Maintain and grow staff technical certifications in line with service focus areas
* Review, work with the sales teams to respond to assigned RFP's, RFQ's and RFI's that require Solutions team participation in a timely manner; develop professional and profitable SoW's in response to all project related service engagements.
* Manage a profitable services P&L for the assigned region through effective staff utilization, service delivery and client satisfaction
* Maintain and report on regional service delivery and project status with our sales force, related departments and service leadership
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
* 10+ years progressive experience in network engineering including designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs using current technology
* Experience in the VAR channel around the various partnering programs is a plus.
* Must have broad based understanding of enterprise storage, virtualization, messaging and collaboration platforms. Should be able to articulate capabilities around Data Center centric solutions.
* Proven relationship building and presentation skills with customers, team members and cross-functional leadership
* Project management skills/ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goals for internal and external processes
* Ability to analyze, develop, establish and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes
* Ability to speak and present solutions to C-Level Suite resources at a given client.
* Strong technical writing expertise for pre-sales work and project documentation
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
* Ability to travel up to 35%
* Certification or technical expertise in one or more areas beneficial:
* Microsoft MCITP (or other OS, AIX, HP-UX, Linux)
* Enterprise Storage
* Unified Communication
* Project Management (PMP, ITIL, etc.)
Technical capabilities of managed staff include but are not limited to:
* Datacenter design
* Operation management
* Collaboration applications
* Routing and Switching
* Unified Communications
* Unified Computing Systems
* Load balancing
* WAN optimization
* Server Virtualization
* Desktop Virtualization
* Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, SCCM
* Enterprise Storage
* Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
* Datacenter Design
* Operational Management and Process Development
* Microsoft Technologies (AD, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, SCCM)
* Virtualization Technologies (VMware, Citrix and Microsoft)
* Storage Technologies (EMC, NetApp, Dell, IBM)
* Converged Infrastructure (Cisco, HP, IBM)
* Routing and Switching (Cisco, HP, Juniper, Brocade)
* Unified Communications (Cisco)
* Video (Cisco)
* Security (Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, etc.)
* Optimization (Riverbed, Cisco, etc.)
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we're committed to providing top-tier solutions, we're just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
Zones is a company that provides IT products and solutions to businesses.