As part of the Design Technology team, the role of a Design Technology Manager is focused on research, development, and the strategic implementation of computational and generative design across the Northwest region. This role will advance the region's computational thinking and application throughout all phases of the design projects.In partnership with the NW Regional Design Technology leadership you will determine the strategy and roadmap for advancement of our regional digital design practices. We are seeking experienced design professionals with a deep knowledge of the entire design and construction process, as well as a curiosity for innovation to join our regional team.
What You Will Do
* Lead the strategy and implementation for computational/generative design technology solutions applied on projects throughout the region.
* Integrate computational thinking as part of design story-telling for our design teams.
* Establish cross platforms integration and interoperability from concept to delivery: Digital Fluency
* Partner with regional leadership to develop the regional strategy for computational design.
* Author / Develop custom computational/generative design solutions for project teams during any required phase of the design process.
* Elevate our computation thinking across the region to promote its application as a design informing mechanism not just for components iterations, but also operational / maintenance elements.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training or prior work experience in the building industry.
* Experience in leading / supporting Design Technology and innovative framework / workflows in project delivery.
* Expert in computational and parametric design platforms: Dynamo, Grasshopper, Others.
* Knowledge in Visual and Object Oriented Programming, such as: Python, VB.NET, Java, C#, C++.
* Proficiency in design tools, such as: Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, 3ds Max
* Articulate communicator, able to convey design technology concepts to all levels of design and delivery leadership.
* Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
* Creative thinker dedicated to problem solving, research, and innovation.
You must submit a portfolio along with your application to be considered.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.