To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing R&D Engineering team is a mix of mechanical, systems, electrical, and software engineers. We are the mad scientists that develop and improve Formlabs products. Our team works closely with other engineering teams to research and product develop Formlabs next-generation printers and materials. We use engineering, physics, and experimentation to turn goop into beautiful and accurate parts.
Do you regularly imagine how to make a complex system work better? Do you love hacking and DIY projects? Do you want to make something that hasn't been done before? We want you to join our team as an R&D Engineer.
* Create new 3D printing techniques - from developing new printer architectures to validating minute changes in galvo control
* Hands-on role designing and running your experiments using results to inform and develop improvements in software or hardware
* Tackle complex and open-ended problems across multiple engineering disciplines
* Evaluate current printer performance for areas for improvement
* Collaborate with other engineering teams to implement improvements to current products such as redesigning support structure algorithm based on experimental results
* A website or portfolio document showing off your current and past projects
* Questions assumptions and willing to back it up with data
* Autonomously works to research, report results, and make recommendations for next steps
* Have experience with experiment design and data analysis
* Understand programming and scientific computing, ideally Python or Matlab
* Familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling
* B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering field (all are welcome)
* Previous work on a consumer product
* Developed physics-based models of complex systems
* Flexible Vacation
* Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
* Paid parental leave
* Commuter benefits
* Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
Formlabs designs and manufactures 3D printing systems.