* Provide inputs to the test manager on the effort estimation based on the understanding of the requirement if required.
* For small modules/ project. * Participate in the client meeting to understand the requirement. * Design KT plan (that includes KT scope, schedule, and deliverables like reverse KT document) and share the same with the customer. * Provide status to the customer/ stakeholder on the KT session. * Seek review inputs on reverse KT document from the Test Manager and customers. * Provide training to the associates as a part of reverse KT. * Upload customer details, application and testing artifacts. * Create ROM (rough order magnitude) estimation to understand feasibility of the requirement. * Support the Test Manager in performing high level impact analysis.
Test Requirements Study:
* For small modules/ project. * Coordinate with BA at client side / refer the requirement document to understand the scope of requirements. * Clarify doubts/ queries raised by offshore team regarding the clients' requirements. * If required, seek clarification from the client on the same. * Create ambiguity document (or clarification document) to track any clarification. * Review testable requirements to ensure the test coverage. * Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same. * If requested, identify and document the test data requirement for the complicated projects. * Review test data, screen flow documents etc Evaluate and identify various tools to aid test execution based on the understanding of the requirement. * Identify test data source and tools to extract and validate the data generation. * Guide team on data masking rule and tools, particular fields.
* Create the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, risk, critical defects). * Seek review inputs from the Test Manager. * Create test plans (covering scope, risk, responsibility, timelines, resource (Man /Machine), deployment, exit/entry criteria etc). * Identify the skill sets required and resources for the project. * Review/Create detailed estimate based on the scope and understanding of requirements.
For the small size projects:
* Create test data plan and test automation plan capturing the test data, volume/ data type. * Seek review inputs from the Test Manager on the same. * Conduct the POC to automate the process based on the requirements identified by the Test Manager.
Test Design :
* Identify the complex test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application. * Review the test scenarios identified by the Sr Test Analyst. * Seek review from the onsite team on the test scenarios. * Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements. * Seek signoff from the client /onsite team on test scenarios and test cases. * Based on the changes in the requirement, identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis. * Create a plan to capture the details on activities and tools. * Provide technical guidance to the team in execution of regression scenario.
* Oversee the test data required for the testing activity.
Only If required:
* Identify the test data based on the analysis of the requirements. * Identify the test data requirements to ensure test coverage and share the same with the Sr Test Analyst. * Seek approval from the stakeholders on the same. * Provide technical and process guidance t o the team on the test coverage and test managements.
Test Execution/Functional Testing :
* Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing. * Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution. * Seek sign off from the client on the same. * Perform System test Execution. * Track the downtime and report the same to the client. * Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution. * Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner. * Monitor various builds delivered by the development team. * Participate in defect triage meetings with onsite team and customer BA on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix. * Only for onsite coordinator. * Support the team in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
Test Closure :
* Create/ Review the test summary report and share the same with the test lead for the review.
Defect Prevention/Leakage retrospection:
* Provide inputs for the defect prevention and leakage retrospection to the team.
Project Closure :
* Create lesson learnt document and corrective action and share it with the project team.
Production Support QA / Production Validation :
* Oversee the compliance to SLA metrics during the production support. * Coordinate with QA and support team to follow the standard operating procedure.
Delivery Management :
* Track resource availability based on the criticality of the project. * Take corrective steps to ensure project health. * Assess the technical skills of the resources. * Provide requisite training. * Seek additional resources from test manager, if needed. * Participate in a monthly governance meeting (Progress on each application, Utilization Report, Types of defects, Value add provided by the team, Improvements in the form of artifact creation, productivity etc). * Track and Monitor metrics (productivity, effort deviation, schedule deviation etc) to Cognizant 20.
People Management :
* Understand aspirations of associates, identify programs and certifications, growth areas for associates based on aspirations, project requirements. * Mentor associates and conduct one on one sessions to coach team members. * Set goals for team members and monitor performance. * Conduct performance appraisal for team members. * Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis. * Identify resources across the engagements for recognition. * Address grievances when escalated. * Identify skill gaps and assign trainings to be deployed to bridge skill gaps.
Knowledge Management :
* Create KT engagement level documents. * Review KM documents related to project. * Coordinate with team members, to upload the relevant document in knowledge management portals and keep it updated with the latest document.
Business and Technology Research :
* Understand trends in client requirements/ competitor insights, review/ analyze technical literature, analyst reports, emerging business needs to identify technology and QA trends or tools and identify opportunities to enhance Cognizant capabilities across different areas. * (on need basis).
Stakeholder/ Client management :
* Review the daily deliverables and share it with the customers appropriately. * Create and share weekly status reports with the client and daily status reports with the team. * Facilitate calls between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status. * Identify resources based on the estimation and required skill set.
Solution and Competency Development :
* Develop and build common reusable assets and accelerators framework that can be leveraged for newer engagements and across different verticals.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.