Responsible for overseeing the work of a major sub-function within a department through the management of subordinate internal or external personnel. The Sr. Manager drives outcomes of the team through leadership, staff management, performance management employee development, innovation and optimization within their function, and through relationship building with the team, outside stakeholders, and company leadership. Responsible for understanding and overseeing the effective forecasting of efforts assigned to their area, making decisions and prioritizing tasks, and supporting the activities of the department and senior leadership
At least 10 years of functional leadership experience in an information systems environment. Must demonstrate proven track record of leadership having managed teams of varying sizes and by influencing and managing corporate projects or initiatives. Experience leading multiple project teams concurrently, including meeting deliverable dates, leading work teams and direct customer contact. Demonstrated experience successfully managing customer requirements or demands.
* Develops teams quickly and instills a motivation to perform together
* Fine tunes QA artifacts for precision in the message and meaning
* Self-motivated and self-directed.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Actively pursue personal career growth and a Learning Plan
* Should be able to take feedback with right attitude.
* They motivate every single employee to take action and engage them with a compelling mission and vision.
* They have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
* They create a culture of clear accountability.
* They build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
* They make decisions that are based on productivity, not politics
* Confirm scope, develop and oversee project plans and implement scope change control procedures. Monitor progress, manage issues, mitigates risk. Interacts with customers at the technical level, as required.
* Provide QA technical direction on systems analysis, design, development, testing and deployment by collaborating with business analysts, developers, DBA, system Admin, quality assurance, production support, and business teams (account teams). Proving guidance to the team members.
* Have constant team meetings and 1 on 1s with direct reports. Outcome of those meetings should be documented and clear action plans need to be delivered and tracked until closure.
* Takes Self Accountability on all of the projects being managed at any given time and also ensure each of the Managers take accountability on their part.
* Takes accountability on the entire staffing plan for all projects, ensures managers have the same accountability, assign QA Leads and teams to projects and BSRs in a very timely manner.
* Work with the business users, understand their needs and translate those to QA team members.
* Work with the Development management, technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solution
* Manage the QA activities using various software development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc
* Should be able to manage multiple projects, requests at the same time and still deliver all of them by the committed dates. Several requests could have the same priority and should be able to manage all of them.
* Plan for and acquire project resources, make the most effective use of the people involved with the project through day-to-day team management and team communication. Identifying and leveraging staff for project success.
* Assign tasks and provide key inputs to managers in your Org, ensure Managers delivers their tasks, provide timely feedback at all times..
* Manage Contractors within the organization.
* Keep abreast of technology trends in the QAT and determine if useful and/or feasible (ie financial impact) and make recommendations to the organization.
* Ensure that defined QA SEP Processes are implemented in all aspects of project oversight (plan, design, implement, execute, evaluate).
* Represents QA in discussions with all aspects of project lifecycle related to RCA, mitigation of project risks, defect triaging and planning.
* Advise and assist QA management in QA metrics gathering for the purpose of improvement
BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required. MS preferred.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.