Are you a QA specialist or quality-minded engineer who's up for a challenge?
In People Technology, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians.
The People Tech QA Engineers work spans from front-end UI to API and distributed back-end services. Our QAEs test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools using black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Do you want to write code, as well as test it? You'll immediately be given a chance to flex those muscles. Our automation needs are abundant and varied: dive into scenario-based employee data generation and API validation, canary and regression tests, and load test solutions. Are you a specialist in process? Join us as we evolve our deployment and custom agile development processes. Do you want a chance to Think Big? You'll be partnering with our dev and business teams to quantify and assure continuous infusion of quality, from requirements through user acceptance. Come partner with People Tech SDEs, PMs, and UX Designers and be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees all over the globe.
Core responsibilities will include:
* Owning the role of Software Quality in project deliveries: from requirements analysis through test strategy and test plan creation, execution, and reporting.
* Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable quality metrics.
* Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
* Implementing solutions to augment or replace manual tasks, infusing efficiency and quality metrics across the SDLC
* Collaborating with SDEs and SDETs to identify and build tools that allow self-service testing of core functionality.
* Mentor junior QA engineers, so they can become as good as you are.
The People Tech team has big plans for growth! We are seeking experienced QAEs, who demonstrate strength in Ownership and a desire for active career growth. We're looking for talented people who want to prove they are Leaders.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.