Quality Assurance Analyst. New York. Posting Date: 06/28/2019. Deadline: 07/12/2019
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for developing and executing tests scripts that are used to verify that new applications and changes made to existing systems meet system requirements. Additionally, the QA Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting system defects that are found through testing. This individual is responsible for preparing scripts and managing the user acceptance test process. The success of this role is dependent upon the candidate's ability to understand and apply the test process, and align that with the practical needs of individual IT projects. The candidate must be capable of applying a methodical process to test complex systems and be able to communicate concepts to audiences with mixed levels of technical & business abilities. This position is under the direction of a Business Analyst and the Senior Solutions Architect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Author and execute test cases
* Prepare clearly documented test scripts for varying audiences including testers and end users for UAT purposes
* Identify and document defects found during testing, and be able to subsequently retest those defects once they have been resolved
* Be available and able to support developers with the reproduction and resolution of defects
* Ramp up quickly to a proficient level on new processes, tools and technologies
* Demonstrate high "Speed of Delivery"
* Recognize that the purpose of technology is to serve the needs of our business partners
* Maintain a cooperative, "can do", and service-oriented attitude
* Assist global IT staff with the application of test process and technology; create the test case traceability matrix mapping requirements to test cases, generate test metrics reports, etc.
* Use mature professional language
* Demonstrate proficient writing skills (crisp and concise)
* Prepare, manage and execute user acceptance tests
* Meet with the program, grants, and administrative staff and partner with project Business Analyst(s) to prepare for go-live readiness
* Participate in and/or lead efforts to develop release and training and documentation
* Attend project meetings, contribute to project status reports and keep team, management, and business users informed of project status and related issues
* Follow data governance models, procedures, and policies
* Participate in the measurement, monitoring, and evaluation of special projects to optimize results and provide recommend improvements
* Keep abreast of new technologies, best practices, and global trends related to special projects; make recommendations and oversee incorporation as appropriate
* Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
* Stay abreast of latest technologies by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Please note: Open Society Foundations may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
* 5 years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proven SFDC testing experience/testing on Saleforce.com package applications
* Possess strong problem-solving and communication skills.
* Ability to engage with business stakeholders to clarify requirements, produce documentation of requirements, business process flows, and design specifications
* Proven ability to adapt the roles as the specific situation dictates - a traditional Salesforce Tester/'Junior' Developer (70/30)
* Experience with writing Test Automation, performing discovery using Salesforce Developer Console, and executing quick SOQL queries to verify test data at back-end.
* Partner with the Dev resources to minimize test case duplication or overlap in test classes, while maximizing SFDC test code coverage.
* Partner effectively with Dev resources (after reporting issues in production or test runs) to find root causes, able to independently take 'minimal steps ahead in SFDC way of thinking' to help fix / close the issue.
* Quick learner who is flexible, dependable, capable of multi-tasking, and able to learn complex concepts
* Strong expertise across multiple testing stages/methodologies/QA framework in both Agile (i.e. Sprint testing) and Waterfall environments - integration/system/regression/user acceptance, etc
* Expert in the area of testing with an understanding of test tools and how those apply to the overall test process
* Experience with QA Tools (like HP Quality Center or HP Application Lifecycle Manger -ALM, etc.); readiness to explore test tools/apps pertaining to Salesforce AppExchange
Highly Desired Skills:
* Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
* 4-plus years of experience in the area of testing
* 2-plus years of experience in Salesforce
* Knowledge or familiarity with the following industry sectors is a plus: Public Sector, Grants Management, Foundations
* Knowledge or exposure to other large enterprise tools is a plus: Workday, NetSuite, Adaptive, MuleSoft (or equivalent middle ware tools), Zendesk, JIRA, Zephyr, etc.
* Any SFDC certification - for example, Salesforce.com Admin (201), Testing Certification - possibly ISTQB, etc.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.