Group One is a leading specialist and market maker in equity options. With over 25 years since our founding, Group One has grown into one of the largest, privately held options trading firms in the United States. We maintain a floor presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia and we have specialist posts in New York and Chicago. Our traders provide competitive liquidity across a broad range of securities by managing portfolios of several hundred issues and simultaneously streaming quotes across multiple exchanges. Our software development team provides a diverse set of software for electronic trading, quoting, and trade analysis that is the lifeblood of our business.
We offer competitive compensation including a performance-based bonus and comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, fresh fruit and snacks daily, casual dress environment, social events, and more! Our development team is located in our New York and Chicago offices.
We are looking for a smart, organized, analytical Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Electronic Trading Development team.
The primary focus of this position will be the hands-on testing and support of our options market making system built on the .NET platform using C#. The system has enough variety to challenge and interest anyone including an information-dense user interface, a high-throughput, low latency parallel computational core, server components, interfaces to exchanges, market data sources, and execution systems. The ideal candidate will be able to understand the functionality of the applications quickly and test them to ensure the software gets deployed to production with high quality delivering the requirements of each project.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, your primary responsibilities will include:
* Quality assurance testing of proprietary software; designing, documenting and executing test plans and test cases
* Proactive communication of test results with the development and product management teams
* Participation in project design discussions with business owners and developers
* Coordinating and conducting training of software functionality
* Coordinating and executing software deployment and configuration
* Level 2 Support - Researching/Analyzing/Troubleshooting/Escalating software issues reported from production use
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Well organized
* Takes initiative
* Strong communication skills (oral/written)
* Must be able to coordinate multiple projects at once
* Detail oriented
* Basic understanding of financial markets and the security trading environment specifically of equity options a strong plus
This position will have a high degree of autonomy as well as responsibility in the design, direction, and approach in these tasks. As a member of our QA team, you will be expected to take an active role in improving the process and methodology we use to ensure that we roll out quality, innovative financial applications that work right the first time.
One of the greatest benefits of this opportunity is being a part of our dynamic environment, in a casual and collaborative small firm atmosphere. As a Quality Assurance Analyst you will be an integral part of our team, enjoying a high degree of freedom as well as the ability to be actively involved in the solutions to a variety of challenging problems.