At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a QA Testing Intern to join the Wattstopper Team in Carlsbad, CA.
Legrand has an opportunity for a quality assurance intern with the Building Control Systems team in Carlsbad, CA. We develop and manufacture the most advanced lighting and automation systems for residential and commercial markets.
What Will You Do?
* Setup, configure, and execute manual testing of embedded devices in a system environment.
* Convert manual test cases into automated test scripts using Python.
* Validate the automated test script to ensure proper checks are in place.
* Log firmware bugs in Jira tracking tool.
* Work with firmware developers to resolve firmware bugs.
* Perform other duties as requested.
Legrand / Building Control Systems offers a school friendly environment with flexible schedules. We value our employees and want to help our interns receive the experience they need to be able to start their careers after graduation. You will learn how to work in a professional environment and have the opportunity to see the results of your work on a weekly basis. Off semester (usually summer) interns work 40 hours a week. On semester (usually fall/winter) work about 20 to 25 hours a week on a flexible schedule. The positions are evaluated for renewal on a semester to semester basis.
* Proficient in a scripting language such as Python
* Familiarity with C based languages
* Understand basic electronics, AC, DC
* Working towards a computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent degree
* Basic understanding of networking of devices
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office software
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated and capable of working to project deadlines with minimal supervision
* Great attention to detail and ability to contribute openly with software and product development engineers and teams.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand's Building Control Systems Division
Legrand's Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper and Solarfective product lines. Wattstopper offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. These products, programs, and services have been help