Jellyvision is hiring QA Tester (Seasonal)
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions-like choosing and using employee benefits-easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need talented QA Testers to help us.
How you'll help
As Jellyvision approaches our busiest time of year, we need people to help insure that the product we deliver to our customers is one we can be proud of. Using your keen attention to detail, you'll ferret out defects in customer implementations and create detailed reports to help the nice people at Jellyvision squash those nasty bugs.
* The engagement is seasonal and will start tentatively in August 2019 and will go through October 2019.
* There will be an average of 30-40 hours per week of testing and pays $20/hr.
* There are both remote and in office (Chicago) positions available (Remote workers must be in one of the following states: California, Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin.)
What you'll do
* Execute testing using flowcharts for one of our HTML-based applications
* Verify required functionality
* Verify spelling of on-screen text
* Verify the performance and timing of animations
* Verify the quality of audio
* Verify product recommendation logic
* Verify correct calculations are being used
* Execute cross browser and mobile device testing
* Provide detailed bug reports of all issues including steps to reproduce, screen shots and logs
* Regression test fixed issues
Experience & Skills
* 1+ years of experience as a tester in the software industry
* Exceptional time management skills
* Strong technical abilities
* The ability to identify basic code issues resulting in logic errors
* The ability to quickly learn new technologies
* The ability to execute both detailed and ad hoc test plans
* The ability to communicate effectively with engineers, analysts, and project managers alike, both in meetings and in writing
* A strong understanding of software development life cycles
* The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment
* The ability to work well within the team
* Medical and/or benefits knowledge also a plus
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!