As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be responsible for improving the reliability, usability, and performance of software products. This will be done by using various testing methods to detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected prior to release.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Collaborate with team and implement QA process within established software development framework
* Develop and carry out methods and procedures for manual product testing
* Participate in all phases of software development projects to provide a quality perspective
* Evaluate product specifications for testability
* Align with project team members on understanding of business requirements and write detailed test cases
* Write bugs, track and report product defects and assist developers with resolution
* Execute tests, evaluate and report test results
* Participate in process improvement of Quality Assurance and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, methods and systems
* Writing test plans as needed
* Support and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed
* Maintain and run existing automation scripts
* Do Integration testing as needed
* Work with Customer Support team on any issues
* Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned
* Report time and track tasks
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* 4+ years of experience in functional, regression, smoke, user acceptance and performance testing
* Able to manage offshore QA
* Knowledge and experience in structured testing methodologies
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Experience in web-based application testing including cross-browser and mobile device compatibility
* Experience in all phases of testing including data preparation, test case design, test execution and analysis of test results
* Experience in functional, regression, smoke and performance testing
* Knowledge of writing Test Cases and bug reporting tool- Team Foundation Server (TFS) Microsoft Test Manager(MTM) or similar tool
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
* Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Insurance industry experience
* Knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Good knowledge of application development business processes
* Knowledge of automation background like HP Quality Center, Selenium or similar tool
* Ability to write test cases from Business Requirements Documentation
* Ability to look at our software products from the perspective of the consumer
* Experience with using SOAP
* About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.