Description:This position will be focused on creation and development of robots for automated inspection, defect identification, and defect classification. As a member of the Quality & Mission Success "QualTech" team, you will be involved in projects focused on implementing autonomous and/or controlled drone technologies (aerial, snakes, crawlers) for use in performing inspections of F-35 aircraft in production and sustainment environments. Your tasks may vary from developing prototypes/concept demonstrations to official implementation of a new and approved technology based inspection system with supporting business case development and decision making. Some tasks will require developing and reviewing specifications, working with universities and private companies as partners in a collaborative environment, as well as performing design and production readiness reviews. In addition to Microsoft office, projects will require experience in programming of robotics or other automation systems. Experience is desired with Linux, Python, C++, Arduino, Matlab or other equivalent programming languages. CATIA, or equivalent, design software experience is needed with the ability to conduct design reviews using 2D, models, and 3D printing methods. Good communication skills and a team-oriented attitude are required, since you will be working with the different teams to investigate their needs and translate these into requirements for the various opportunities.
* Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
* Automation programming experience (MatLab, Python, Arduino, C++, Linux, or other equivalent automation programming languages)
* Root Cause Analysis experience or training
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* 3D modeling experience (CATIA, CREO, Pro-E, NX, or other equivalent software)
* ROS (Robot operating system) experience
* Ability to conduct design reviews using 2D, models, and 3D printing methods
* 3D printing and/or prototyping experience
* Experience in working with electronics such as Arduino
* App development for tablets/phones
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.