Alterra Mountain Company is a community of iconic year-round destinations, including the world's largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company's family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination's unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The Resort Applications team is looking for a QA Engineer to be an integral contributor to the end-to-end technical solution development and assurance with the goal of creating a seamless experience for customers from online advance purchase through to onsite fulfillment in a resort. The QA Engineer will focus on designing and implementing automated testing capabilities, working closely with the development and QA teams. Additionally, this resource will help support dev ops, including CI/CD, development environment, resource provisioning and management.
The QA Engineer will be embedded in the agile scrum delivery teams and will participate in sprint planning, story writing and story validation. The ideal candidate has excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Design and implement frameworks for automated testing
* Develop & Execute QA coverage of multiple web and resort system projects.
* Work with IT Operations to support necessary development & QA infrastructure and systems.
* Work with development team to develop & support CI/CD processes and systems
* Help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
* Work with different teams (Engineering/Product Management) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and provide feedback on quality issues.
* Work with development and support teams to investigate bugs reported by customers.
* Assess the status of the release and help make sure the release goes out on time with high quality level.
* Develop testing architecture and monitoring tools to validate system stability and capabilities post-release and on an ongoing basis
* Occasional travel may be required (<5%)
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple priorities
* Demonstrated problem solving and issue resolution.
* Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Project, Excel, Word, and Visio.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
* BS degree in MIS or Computer Science
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Post-secondary degree
* 5+ years' experience with Quality Assurance testing
* 2+ years working in an Agile development team / environment
* 2+ years building and supporting CI/CD,
* Defining and provisioning infrastructure and related resources; On-prem and Azure provisioning a plus
* Implementing a formal QA process
* Experience with multiple QA methodologies
* Experience with automated testing tools / frameworks
* Experience with device & browser testing tools / frameworks
* Relational and NoSQL databases
* Understanding of Ski Industry Resort operations
* Hospitality and/or Retail eCommerce principles and applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Alterra Mountain Company "at will" for no definite period of time. The employee may terminate employment at any time without notice or cause, and so too can Alterra Mountain Company terminate employment relationship at any time without notice or cause.
Alterra Mountain Company Is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company adheres to the U.S. and Canadian labour and employment laws, and where applicable, to any State or Provincial-specific employment regulations.