Professional Services - Routing / Switching Consultant
Juniper Networks Professional Services
Juniper has been a leading networking company for more than 20 years with amazing technology driving the Internet and Internet of Things. Juniper continues to lead the market in large scale routing and switching technologies for Service Provider, Data Center, Cloud and Enterprise customers. The intersection of Software Defined Networking and High-Performance Networking equipment has uniquely positioned Juniper to lead the industry with solutions covering all areas and needs of networking. It is an exciting time to be at Juniper.
About the Position
Juniper Networks offers fee-based consulting services to its customers to provide subject matter expertise on Juniper Networks products. This includes design, configuration, optimization and evaluation of existing networks and implementation services. This networking consulting role is very technical and requires excellent customer interface skills, including both written and verbal communications. Consulting engagements are project based but this position could involve responsibility for being a technical lead or being responsible for leading a larger project to completion. Engagements may be executed as part of a team of Professional Services Consultants or working solely with the customer team.
Main Responsibilities include:
* Work in a consultative manner to deliver Routing and Switching solutions into Customers * Design, Build, Deploy and Test networks in Federal, Commercial and Service Provider Networks * Follow the Juniper PS engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the Project Manager * Personal on-site and/or remote delivery of Professional Services including creation of high level and detailed design documentation, migration planning, product integration and acceptance, Demos/Trials/Proof of Concept. * Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customers' technical teams * Develop and maintain an in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of the Juniper Networks products * Provide regular feedback of product requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting and product management
Skills and Experience:
Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 7 years of experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments. Candidates for this role must also have a minimum of 3 years of experience designing IP networks.
Candidates MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* Deep technical know of Juniper Routers and Switches including M/T/MX, EX, QFX, PTX * Deep understanding of the JUNOS operating system * Ability to design, build, deploy/implement and support Juniper Router and Switching solutions * Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers * Ability to write Network Assessments, High Level and Low Level Designs and Implementation Plans * A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills include but are not limited to: * TCP/IP and MPLS expertise * IP/Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy) * Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms * Routing policies at BGP peering points * VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN.) * Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS * Knowledge of Data Center Switching, VxLAN/EVPN, Spine/Leaf Topologies
* Strong Interpersonal skills * The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment. * Strong customer interface and presentation skills * Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure * Strong technical writing skills
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* Juniper Hardware: M, T, MX, EX series * JUNOS CLI experience * Must understand BGP and route reflector topologies * Must be able to communicate with internal Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams * Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer * Unix/Linux skills a plus * Some scripting skills a plus * Test equipment such as Spirent, Agilent N2X, and Ixia a plus * Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc. * Experience with Multicast strongly preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline * Master of Science preferred * JNCIE preferred
Personal Skills/Attributes Sought
* Experience of designing and implementing virtualized software and solutions is essential. * Proven capability to effectively transfer knowledge to customer technical teams, both through formal and informal training. * Effective planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, able to work on multiple projects. * Demonstration of being able to write technical documents i.e. High-Level Design, Low Level Design, Implementation Plans.
Location, Language and Travel
* Homebased within the USA. Prefer East or West Coast * Travel within the Americas with possible international travel * Up to 60% travel is possible. * Strong command of the English language, written and verbal.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.