Our business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our client base. Great project management is at the hub of every project and program we touch - creating and implementing plans to meet operational objectives and ensure effectiveness.
New Signature seeks a dedicated and practiced Microsoft Application Development/Systems Integration Project Manager for our Microsoft solutions projects in Toronto, reporting to a PMO Team Leader or the PMO Director.
For this Senior-level IT project management role, the ideal candidate will be experienced in consulting, managing large application development projects within the Microsoft stack that encompass complex systems integrations, as well as staff management and client engagement.
To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on daily activities and changing requirements. As a great communicator, you'll build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
In practice, you will:
* Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures, timelines, budget, resource allocation and quality outcomes
* Successfully manage expectations with the client, focus and perform under pressure and navigate the political environment of clients while having attention to detail and dependencies
* Mentor and manage New Signature and subcontractor staff assigned to the project and enhance the PMO practice capabilities, standardization of methods and mechanisms utilized
* Engage and partner with your client and the New Signature team to develop requirements, develop designs, implementations strategies, quality assurance testing, user acceptance testing deployment and/or iterations involving these phases
* Manage the day-to-day delivery of Microsoft application development projects and implement change enablement processes throughout the project
* Proactively identify and manage risks, coordinate communications and defuse escalations through your risk management prowess
* Thrive in complex engagements with challenging client environments, while keeping the team focused on the project's critical path
* You will work with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs)
* Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using New Signature's standard tools
* Collaborate with New Signature staff members on Operations related tasks and metrics
You are results-oriented, you enjoy working with little structure, and are motivated and able to drive change. Core to this role is the ability to think and work systematically and logically to realize results. With a sound understanding of business, your career experience will demonstrate proven technical skills and knowledge, including strong negotiating skills.
Your qualifications and skills should include:
* 7+ years of application development project management experience within the IT project field, with involvement in the entire software life cycle
* Proven recent successful delivery of projects within the Microsoft stack (CRM/Dynamics, Azure, IoT, etc.) with integrations
* Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field
* Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or similar is desired
* Experience delivering iteratively within fixed price engagements or time and materials engagements. Working knowledge of software development methodologies preferably Agile and Waterfall
* In-depth practical knowledge of Microsoft Project; PWA or Project online experience nice to have
* Good management of Earned Revenue and Gross Margins
* Ability to travel in support of the team and/or client engagements. Minimum 20% onsite.
* Basic knowledge of contract terms
* Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
* Proven skills in customer expectations management
* Clear and concise oral and written communication
* Negotiation skills
* Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
* Good client interface and presentation skills
* Business acumen
* Time management skills
* Service oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
ABOUT NEW SIGNATURE
New Signature is a cloud-first, full-service Microsoft partner committed to delivering innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. Behind every interaction is our dedication to provide outstanding experiences and to build authentic relationships with those around us. We are passionate about driving transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries. The New Signature team delivers full lifecycle solutions-from project inception and planning, through deployment to ongoing support and maintenance.
New Signature was named the top Microsoft partner in the United States and the United Kingdom in 2014 and again in the United States in 2015-becoming the first partner ever to win the prestigious US Partner of the Year award two years in a row. With over 600 individual technology certifications, New Signature is a recognized expert at the forefront of Microsoft advancements and couples these powerful technologies with exceptional services to empower our customers, colleagues, and community.
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States or Canada (depending on the location of the job) within three days of being employed. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check in both the US and Canada. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening and criminal record check. Positions that require significant travel may also require a driving record check.
For US Applicants: New Signature is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E-Verify is only used upon acceptance of a job offer and completion of the Form I-9.
Click here for the E-Verify Participation Poster (available in English and Spanish)
If you require this notice in another language provided by DHS us at 202-452-5923
Click here for more information on Your Right to Work or Visit the USCIS website here for more information on E-Verify
For Canadian Applicants: New Signature is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, New Signature will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 416.971.4267. Please ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
All Applicants: New Signature is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.