The Project Manager will reports to the Director Health Plans IM Services, and works closely with project teams, analysts, health plan staff and other IM resources in the organization The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing Health Plan projects. The candidate must be a results oriented person, self directed motivated and possess excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to build strong and dependable relationships. The Project Manager will interact with the internal department heads, senior management and Health Plan staff.
* Development and execution of detailed pre-implementation and implementation work plans and provides a single point of contact for internal staff and Health Plan team.
* Planning, reviewing and controlling the activities and conduct of project team members and/or team leaders for multiple project teams charged with the analysis, requirements definition, selection, implementation and review of health plan information technology systems
* Promotes project vision and objectives with project team
* Identifies, creates and maintains implementation resources, schedules, work plans, status reports and any other project related documentation for the execution of Health Plan projects.
* Pre-implementation analysis and process re-design affecting the business and care processes to support organizational operations, and for measuring the effectiveness of, and recommending post-implementation strategies for enhancing the usefulness of all assigned computer system application programs, technologies and systems required to support the needs of the organization.
* Identifies the impact across all functional work teams that may negatively impact daily activities or the effectiveness of the project.
* Communicates tough issues to stakeholders and keeps an independent opinion
* Conduct presentations and meetings consisting of IM , vendors, and Health Plan personnel
* Works cross-functionally at all staff levels within the IM and within the Health Plan operation by directing the Health Plan project implementation
* Responsible for the development and delivery of detailed work plans and reports to senior management team
* Multi-task and manage any necessary project related escalations to meet timeline requirements and health plan expectations throughout the project implementation
* Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required
* Formal technical education in business management, computer science or information systems technical applications analysis and project management required
* Working knowledge of application development tools and methodologies, multiple healthcare information systems applications and technical platforms required An advanced Information Systems or Business degree will be considered an asset
* Understanding of the health care industry and business/clinical disciplines
* Proven Leadership in an Information Technology environment
* Understanding of healthcare trends and technology impacts
* Minimum three (3) years experience with Health Plans, specifically Medicaid, Accountable Care Act (ACA), and Medicare health plans.
* Three (3) years experience in Project Management
* Four (2) years experience in business analysis
* Experience with healthcare interface design and implementation (X12, 834, 837, 270, 271, HL7 and others)
* Understanding of the various project management methods (Waterfall, Agile, etc)
* Understanding of Change & Release Management (ITIL Process)
* Experience with Service Now preferred but not required for consideration for the role
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent project/program management experience