We are seeking a Technical Project Manager reporting into the Sr. Director of Global IT Infrastructure & Operations, with responsibility for tracking and managing all enterprise infrastructure level projects and initiatives throughout our global IT environment. The candidate should have a full understanding of global end user & infrastructure technology environments, user account administration, strong understanding of process and change management, strong IT customer service skills, and excellent troubleshooting and client liaison skills. The candidate must have the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical professionals. The candidate will also be responsible for spearheading and leading multiple technology initiatives at one time while providing direct oversight for the business units
* Provide IT project management & technical support / engineering to all areas of IT and global business units * Support IT initiatives with our New York based Service Desk Team as well as offshore resources. * Ensure all hardware and software solutions are being recommended appropriately and deployed with best of breed controls utilizing corporate standardized mechanisms. * Ensure all hardware is installed, maintained and disposed of correctly as well as negotiating vendor maintenance and onsite implementations. * Serve as a liaison between management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters. * Assist with performing technical alignments and detailed planning with IT & corporate offices within the Domestic US, property management offices and international locations. * Create, maintain and ensure adherence to all IT Corporate standard policies. * Obtain and help negotiate quotes from Vendors for IT equipment & services. * Manage third party vendor teams to guarantee the accomplishment of proposed project implementation deadlines. * Track all project deliverables, milestones and exceptions in our Service Desk ticketing system & project management software. * Define and manage problem reporting, escalation and resolution & operating procedures for all new implemented solutions. * Develop and present reports on Service Desk project hours activity related and matching up to budgetary and staffing proposals. * Occasional travel to domestic and international destinations.
Education / Training:
* Degree in Information Technology or Computing Engineering; or experience within global enterprise technology environments * Knowledge of ITIL processes and full service & project lifecycle methodology. * Must have IT Project Management experience utilizing enterprise based project tools & services.
Experience to Position:
* 4 to 6 years of experience as a Technical project manager in a global enterprise environment. * Experience in supporting and partnering with a global IT workforce and managing offshore resources. * Familiar and experienced with a large global IT infrastructure environment.
* Candidate must be able to communicate and immediately react / respond to changes in technical & business goals and plans. * Communicates effectively with Senior Managers to identify IT support inquiries. * Able to communicate Service Desk project goals and describe how they support IT strategy * Able to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical experts within a meeting or planning session or updating the user community on outages. * Develops and delivers well prepared presentations and briefings to fit target audience & topic.
Commitment to Increasing Contribution to TSP
* Understands TSP structure, processes, and functions in order to make value added IT recommendations * Develops and maintains excellent customer and vendor relationships * Able to diffuse internal customer frustration and avoid conflict * Stays current with trends and best practices in information technology * Able to see trends and patterns in problems and solve bigger picture issues * Ensure missed SLA objectives and or project implementation exceptions are identified early in an effort to keep projects and deliverables on track.
Demonstrated Leadership Skills
* Help identify and stablish IT project goals and aligns with IT & business strategy * Works with IT infrastructure team to effectively implement all aspects of a project & change management strategy including establishing clear objectives as well as creating strategic development plans * Works constructively under stress and pressure * Effectively prioritizes and coordinates multiple tasks for self and others * Balances day to day needs that arise with implementation and completion of projects * Works with teams across functions including IT Project & strategic management * Keeps IT members & user community informed in regards to IT activities and issues
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.