The Project Manager is a trusted project implementation leader and advisor to our clients providing valuable expert guidance around technology implementations, relocations or enhancements of their IT infrastructure, including proactive recommendations to deliver ongoing success to our clients. In this role, the Project Manager will develop relationships that lead to a total technology solution that will meet the client's needs and that will deliver additional products and services while increasing sales, profitability, and maintaining client loyalty and retention through project implementation.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing project planning & execution leadership and is the top-level escalation point for project implementations.
* Partners with key stakeholders to define project technology scope, budget, schedule and deliverable expectations
* Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
* Implements project timelines and plans, target clients and ensures that Eze Castle Integration projects meet client objectives through project implementation
* Develops and maintains solid working relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, by managing expectations, effectively communicating project status, issues and associated risks
* Serves as point of contact and manages the needs gathering, design and construction administration and strives to bridge the information gap between client, vendors and internal resources
* Partners with internal circuit coordinators and purchasing team to ensure timely delivery of Telco Carrier Services and client equipment alike
* Prepares and presents project status reports
* Works with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, clients and vendor partners to elicit, document, and validate client IT facilities requirements using site visits and client interviews.
* Measures project plans against client expectations and established timeline; assesses issues, implements countermeasures and escalates in a timely fashion
* Leads client project update meetings on a regular basis to review project status, potential risks and general project scheduling
* Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devises contingency plans
* Demonstrates tact and professionalism in handling difficult situations with clients by utilizing effective client facing skills while leveraging the art of effective negotiation
* Investigates, researches and resolves problems presented by client and/or vendor partners
* Works in a fast paced project delivery environment collaborating with clients, client relationship managers, products technicians, and engineers.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
* Engages in self-directed continuous improvement of project planning & execution.
* Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
* Project Management
* Establishes project goals, milestones and procedures
* Defines roles and responsibilities
* Acquires project resources
* Coordinates project progress
* Manages multiple projects
* Develops realistic plans
* Sets goals
* Aligns plans with company goals
* Plans for and manages resources
* Creates contingency plans
* Coordinates/cooperates with others
* People/Resource Management
* Defines roles and responsibilities
* Motivates and challenges employees
* Delegates effectively
* Rewards contributions
* Manages collaboratively.
* BA/BS degree and/or 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years of end user support.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
* Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle.
* Strong documentation skills.
* Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Sharp attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Capable of multitasking in a high pace environment, effectively and efficiently.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
* Ability to demonstrate client sensitivity.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
* Ability to read communication styles of project stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
* Able to defuse tension among project stakeholders.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project & Visio.
* High-level understanding of most of the following technologies preferable:
* Networks, routers, firewalls, switching, circuits, wireless, DNS, VPN and WAN acceleration.
* Server hardware and storage.
* Data Center power and cooling.
* IP Telephony.
* High- level understanding of IT-related construction projects preferable, including:
* Server room electrical requirements
* Server room HVAC requirements
* IT cable plant design
* Basic understanding of Finance.
* Ability to work in an independent environment with moderate supervision.
* Ability to work under a moderate noise level (i.e., working on an open floor with printers, telephones, and computers).
* Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
* Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health and dental insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid time off and holidays, a 401K plan and performance incentives. Come work for the leader in cutting edge technology and see for yourself how we value our clients and employees alike.
ECI is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, ECI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ECI conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.