The PMO team manages the overall project programme for Future, including projects for Tech, IT, Finance and Marketing. As a rapidly growing business with huge ambitions, Future has a whole range of exciting global projects for the team to drive forwards. The small team is based across our global offices in New York and the UK. We are focused on delivery and constantly improving our processes to ensure we can be the best..
Job Summary & Purpose
We are looking for a top rate Project Manager to join the team in New York. You will oversee the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget and within scope. Developping detailed project plans, you will set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. It will also be your responsibility to prepare reports for senior management regarding status of project. Typical projects include:
* Websites platform migrations
* New technology feature deployment
* Finance system integrations
* Marketing system integrations
* Acquisition integrations (IT, staff, production, websites,digital editions
You'll need to be an excellent communicator as you will be working across diverse functions in the global business to ensure all aspects of each project are successfully delivered. We're a small, close knit team so you we're looking for a strong team player who will embrace working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment!
We are currently recruiting this role on a contract basis.
Key role responsibilities
* Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders as well as other staff members
* Ensure resource availability and allocation and develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, reporting and escalating to senior management as needed
* Perform risk management to minimize project risk
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
* Meet with stakeholders to understand the project brief and clarify specific requirements of each project. Continuously manage the stakeholder relationships throughout the project
* Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
* Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
Essential skills and experience
* Proven working experience in a diverse project management role
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
* Project Management Professional certification is a plus
* Experience in a Media business would be great but isn't essential
We are Future, a global multi-platform media company with big ambitions and the talent to bring them to life. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
We're the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors like technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, field sports, knowledge and home interest. Specialists in our field are passionate about what we do, every year we attract millions of consumers to our websites, magazines, events and social spaces.
We're dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. But that's not enough - we're continually adding to our portfolio, building on our technology and investing in our people. Everything we do is born from our desire to innovate and influence and we restlessly look to improve. We hire people we can learn from and we work together to push the boundaries of what can be done.
Together, we're exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for - our audiences, clients and shareholders. Our shareholders have watched Future transition into an innovative global platform for specialist media, our share price has performed well in parallel with both the transition and our growing ability in making our content pay.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work and the kind of personal development that makes every day even more enjoyable and challenging. We believe it to be a really exciting time to join Future.
Every kind of talent is celebrated and nurtured here. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, which means we don't have a Future headquarters. Across our offices in the UK, US, France and Australia, each and every one of us is playing a part in driving our business forward.
This is a contract position