Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build, and protect, a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our team in Littleton, CO seeks an experienced team leader to manage and lead Program Planning organization for a new contract in the Military Space Line of Business. This exciting leadership opportunity offers valuable career experiences due to its size and scope. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to lead, manage, learn, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, who leads by example, and has the uncanny ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork, this is an excellent opportunity for you take on the leadership role of a new planning team. This position will require a DoD Top Secret clearance.
What will this role typically involve?
* You will provide direction of daily planning operations and drive performance
* You will interface with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while working with your planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
* You will guide and coach your team to develop and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
* You will work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between stakeholders
* You will guide and coach in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
* You will serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
* Paid time off
* 25 three-day weekends
* Work/life balance
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* Minimum 3 years formal or informal leadership experience
* Understanding and proven application of planning principles, theories, concepts along with general knowledge of related disciplines
* Experience with DOD contracts, structure, and Earned Value Management planning principles such as IMP/IMS development, WBS, control account structure, risk management, etc.
* Working knowledge of planning and analysis tools such as MS Project (preferred), RTP, Primavera, ProjectView, @Risk, Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro, or comparable planning tool
* Critical path analysis including float and margin
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Experience with compiling and analyzing, and presenting data
* Current Top Secret clearance with an investigation in the last 5 years
* Formal leadership experience preferred (i.e., coded leader)
* Expertise with DOD contracts, structure, and Earned Value Management planning principles such as IMP/IMS development, WBS, control account structure, risk management, etc.
* Experience working with DCMA compliance; experience with audits and reviews
* Proficiency with Microsoft Project or Microsoft Project Server
* Earned value calculations, cost and schedule integration
* Risk analysis
* Ability to learn new software tools and processes quickly
* Ability to liaise with, speak, and present effectively to personnel at all levels of the organization
* Strong influencing and relationship skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
* Strong communication and relationship management skills
* Ability to work multiple projects effectively
* Ability to work with cross functional teams to facilitate cross coordination and communication
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.