At GenMark, we're changing the diagnostics landscape, combining out-of-the-box thinkers and game-changing technology to revolutionize patient care. Our work atmosphere is dynamic, fast-paced, and patient-focused. We encourage teamwork, while reinforcing the importance of individuality, and encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Project Manager role is a great leadership opportunity for a technical leader who has a proven track record of successfully driving projects from concept to commercialization. As a part of the Project Management Office, this role will serve as a key leader in this high visibility group. Main responsibilities of this position will be the Core Team leader for the cross-functional teams that are charged with capacity expansion, improving operations efficiency, and menu expansion for assays on ePlex - the most innovative and technologically disruptive multiplex molecular testing device to aid in the diagnosis of disease and the selection and dosing of therapies. This position offers a unique career opportunity to leverage your background in product development and/or operations and work with top-notch cross-functional team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Plan and drive execution of projects in Product Development and Operations
* Manage cross-functional programs including resources, timelines, and budgets required to successfully deliver projects that meet market requirements and approved project scope
* Interact and provide effective leadership across cross-functional teams including: Research & Development (R&D), Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Product Management, Quality and Clinical Affairs
* Proactively identify and manage risks and issues and develop counter-measures and contingency plans to ensure projects remain on schedule and on budget
* Set priorities, develop work breakdown structure, monitor progress towards project goals and ensure alignment of project scope with business objectives
* Present projects and program level plans to senior management and provide regular updates throughout the project management lifecycle to effectively manage expectations of progress against planned commitments
* Help develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the PMO to help improve organizational efficiency.
* Support PMO and Senior Leadership in helping to implement change management practices, in support of continuous improvement goals and objectives
Serve as a cross-functional project manager, responsible for coordinating efforts of Core and Extended Team members from across the organization to achieve program objectives.
Key Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
Education and Experience:
* B.S. degree in the sciences/engineering, preferably Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a related field; an advanced degree is desired
* Three or more (3+) years of experience in product development and/or manufacturing projects
* Two or more (2+) years of experience and demonstrated success in a project manager role
* PMP certificate is a plus
* IVD/diagnostic industry experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to execute, organize, and lead efforts to influence organizational change;
* Demonstrated ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment without direct authority over team members;
* Competency with developing predictable project plans with cross functional teams using project management tools and project planning software (MS Project or similar)
* Strong organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation to ensure quality work product
* Self-starter with strong problem-solving, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to drive high performing teams to meet project goals and deliverables using relevant project management tools
* Adaptable to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects
* Maintains broad knowledge of principles and best practices in molecular biology, operations and/or project management
* Experience in change and risk management in accordance with ISO 13485 and ISO 9001.
We are interested in every qualified candidate, who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.