This person will perform Project Management responsibilities, managing multiple concurrent projects. He/she will be expected to prepare and maintain detailed project plans, monitor progress against this plan, act as liaison between IT and user departments, and prepare presentations for management. The successful candidate will be expected to keep stakeholders informed of developments related to the projects he/she manages. Throughout all of these efforts, he/she will be expected to guide, support, and enforce adherence to organizational Software Development Methodology (SDM).
Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
* Minimum three to five years of business experience working in or with an I.T. organization in system, programming, or project development efforts
* At least three years experience in the Project Manager role.
* Four year degree or equivalent work experience
* Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and control a project, establishing realistic estimates and reporting metrics utilizing project planning and tracking tools.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, organize, delegate and control work
* Demonstrated ability to understand and balance technical issues/solutions with time, cost, and human factors
* Excellent skills as a communicator and facilitator, both written and oral
* Ability to lead a group to accomplish a common goal
* Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and influencing skills
* Excellent presentation and meeting management skills
* Strong skills in MS Office, MS Project or an equivalent project management tool, and workflow or data flow diagramming tools.
* Excellent knowledge of system development methodologies, through all of its phases and deliverables
* Ability to assess project risks and exposures; identify options and alternatives, make decisions, and implement corrective actions
* Demonstrated skills in diplomacy, confidence, persuasiveness, enthusiasm and verbal fluency
* Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere, motivating team members
* Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities
* Experience in policy life cycle system testing
Additional Details and Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership and direction to the project team, and facilitate conflict resolution and team building
* Integrate project management principles with our System Development Methodology, including:
* Creating and/or organizing documentation for each phase of software development
* Perform project planning, prioritization, and time management
* Perform project scope and objectives planning and definition, and adhere to change management processes and measurements for a project
* Define activities, tasks and dependencies, develop project schedule, track progress and control time and resource expenditures
* Proactively identify and plan for potential risk, build contingency plans, and take action to mitigate risks.
* Perform communications planning, information distribution, progress reporting, and overall project administration
* Prepare comprehensive implementation plans
* Participate in the evaluation and establishment of corporate standards for project management, and ensure compliance with I.T. departmental policies, procedures, and standards
* Assist in, or coordinate when appropriate, the evaluation of vendor packages, contract negotiations and maintenance agreements
* Take initiative to proactively identify opportunities for system and I.T. departmental improvement
* Remain current with new technology and industry best practices through training, networking, and personal initiative