Exciting NEW opportunity to join our Microphone Array team!
Working under the general direction of the Director of Arrays & AV Systems, the Array Architect is an electrical or acoustical engineer that will work with cross-functional project teams to design, implement, test, and release professional Array Microphone products. This engineer will contribute to technologies, algorithms and acoustical platforms for new Array products. This engineer will be responsible for the overall audio quality of assigned products.
* Develop acoustical array products and associated beamforming algorithms. Contribute to definition of transducer, electrical, and signal processing platforms.
* Simulate array signal processing algorithms using Matlab and other prototyping tools.
* Design, develop, and test of real-time audio DSP embedded software for fixed and floating-point processors.
* Conduct audio quality validation tests, which includes thorough listening tests, both in isolation and in real user environments.
* Work with hardware and acoustical engineers to select components such as transducers, DSPs, ADCs, DACs, memory, etc.
* Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge Array products and technologies. Take products from concept through development and manufacturing.
* Estimate, organize, and document tasks. Provide regular status updates to management.
* Present research and development updates to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to lower level engineers. Analyze and assist in determining system software test standards and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, with an emphasis in Digital Signal Processing. Graduate coursework is preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in product development using real-time DSP.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly with microphone or loudspeaker transducers as applied to arrays. Experience developing beam forming and beam steering algorithms.
* Possess wide-ranging experience in DSP embedded processing architectures and modeling DSP algorithms using Matlab/Simulink.
* Demonstrated ability to offer solutions that balance performance tradeoffs. Ability to self-direct when dealing with incomplete requirements or schedules.
* Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Manage time efficiently to support multiple assignments.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.