Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
POSITION TITLE: Connectivity Project Coordinator I
STANDARDIZED JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator I
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Connectivity Project Coordinator I (CPC) is responsible for coordinating the efforts of it, other laboratory staff, and external vendors necessary to complete various project-oriented tasks. The CPC will be responsible for insuring that project tasks are performed in the correct sequence and on an appropriate schedule to insure timely project completion. In some cases, the CPC will also be responsible for completing specific project tasks themselves. The CPC must have a broad knowledge of laboratory business operations as well as in-depth, application level knowledge of the laboratory's information systems and experience with the development and implementation of interfaces using an integration engine.
Responsibilities include managing integration projects from request through design, coding, testing, documentation, training, implementation of best practice. Through understanding of the development life cycle standards in implementing projects, coordinating/scheduling activities, communicating with users while interpreting their requirements into specifications, and working with other departmental staff, including technical and operations personnel.
This position will analyze client workflow and processes, and determine appropriate recommendations to optimize usage of software and integration of the product. Related duties include customer relationship building, problem solving, and decision making. This position may also require occasional travel and other duties, as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Implementation Manager, Connectivity Solutions
POSITION(S) SUPERVISED: N/A
CAREER PATH OPPORTUNITIES: Senior Project Coordinator II
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED/PREFERRED):
EDUCATION: Minimum Associates degree in an IT related field or 5-7 years' experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years' experience in information technology (IT); healthcare background preferred; formal project management certification; Service oriented; Experience working in health care, e.g. hospital, medical center, and/or health system experience, and implementing large hospital information systems and related projects preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Coordinate in the implementation process of new and/or existing interfaces:
* Strong knowledge of the HL7 clinical transaction standard
* Knowledge and experience with one or more Project Tracking/Management Systems
* Reports, tracks, and communicates status and issues, based on departmental defined reporting templates
* Work with vendors /clients to determine business needs/requirements for new/enhanced systems or applications
* Experience with laboratory or other clinical information systems
* Organization: Strong time management and persistent follow-up to keep projects on schedule
* Ability to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment
* Ability to stay calm, composed and professional, even under pressure, and to maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, participants, speakers, etc.
* Excellent writing skills and the ability to create professional business documents
* Provides application development services for support and projects that align to the software development life cycles, organizational governance policies, and industry best practices
* Works with project team to understand and assist with tracking all work, tasks, and project assignments.
* Working with Project Coordinator II, to assist in developing a comprehensive workflow process for projects
* Perform additional tasks or functions in response to directions and priorities set by supervising manager.
* Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
2. General Requirements/Skills
* Self-directed, organized, good communication skills, ability to manage multiple implementations at any given time, good follow-up skills
* Strong customer service ethic applied to IT Support and Implementations
* Mature understanding of clinical application support processes and workflow Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines such as HIPAA
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated advanced computer skills, including ability to perform basic troubleshooting with interfaces. Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
* Proficient in MS Office Applications
* Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION (REQUIRED/PREFERRED): N/A
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.