LMI is seeking a Program Manager for a large five-year contract to oversee the Air Force Civil Engineers programs. Contract will cover all aspects of organizational support and program delivery for a DoD engineering and facilities management organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience with large government program management with knowledge of Air Force and Department of Defense processes. Preference of exposure to wing and combatant commander support (ie. IT systems, strategic governance, new business processes).
LMI is a DC-based government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to improving the management and operations of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as we focus on advancing government capabilities rather than delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
Leads LMI efforts for the client on a variety of Air Force projects including preliminary design, management and oversight, research and development and coordination.
* Provide complete program structure and oversight.
* Collaborate with and lead complex teams and to analyze and interpret strategies and guidance from senior Air Force leaders.
* Provide consistent, independent thought leadership related to Air Force Civil Engineering mission areas operations and technologies.
* Manage the support effort for wing and combatant commanders thru improvements in the Civil Engineering enterprise, employing new business processes, developing strategic governance and integrating new information technology systems.
* Manage the support effort to effectively optimize resource allocation and Civil Engineering programs while modernizing and recapitalizing installation infrastructure, protecting installation from mission degradation and executing sustainment programs.
* Integrate multiple projects across various contractors, in an efficient and effective manner.
* Develop policies, guidelines, and performance standards across multiple projects.
* Ensure client goals and objectives are met.
* Develop solutions to capture task orders.
* Develop and supervise all aspects of the projects tasks, contract deliverables, and on-site activities, including operational planning and execution, logistics, information systems, administrative, and staffing requirements where applicable.
* Assign tasks to project teams for execution in coordination with LMI team and teaming partners as appropriate.
* Design framework for assigned tasks and monitor the activities of project team members during all phases of project execution.
* Facilitate project teams to establish technical approach, develop conceptual design, conduct field-work and analysis, detail functional requirements, and specify procedures to support execution of assigned tasks.
* Develop and maintain a budget model which will allow for maximum flexibility.
* Control project costs, schedules, and product quality, as required to ensure conformance with LMI's ISO 9001 Quality Management System requirements.
* Prepare and submit periodic progress, status, and management reports; performance and cost reports; and project schedules for all assigned tasks.
* Analyze impact of process/procedural changes and determine most effective means for accomplishing project objectives.
* 15 years or more total years of experience in large government program management with broad knowledge of AF and DoD corporate processes and the management of professional support services and federal government projects.
* Extensive knowledge in AF CE mission areas and able to collaborate with and lead complex teams while analyzing and interpreting strategies and guidance from senior AF leaders.
* Experience in planning, directing, coordinating, and managing large projects through the management of sub consultants, cost, budget in line with program objectives and milestones.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, architecture or related technical discipline
* 5 to 10 years of program management experience overseeing the lifecycle of large projects, from planning and initiation through execution/delivery to operations, maintenance and retirement
* Experience in communicating across the spectrum of government and contractor staff from leadership to implementers and executors
* Experience managing cross-functional and cross-company teams
* Expertise in developing and monitoring project schedules and budgets
* Familiarity with office software and project management tools
* Professional training and/or certification in project management
* Ability to effectively work in both a team environment and an independent setting
* Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and building consensus
* Active Secret Clearance
* Experience with Air Force logistics operations, business processes and budgets
* Substantial knowledge of distribution industry best practices, systems, technologies, and innovations, including connections to industry firms, leaders and organizations
* PMP, PgMP or other industry-specific certification (e.g. CFM)
* MBA, MS or equivalent Masters degree
Security Clearance Statement:
Clearance level is Secret. Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.