The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB Server engineers succeed in making MongoDB the best database software possible.
As a Program Manager, you will ensure that the teams you work with proceed smoothly from ideation through to release and during every step in between.
The right candidate for this role will be
* Experienced with 2-3 years working in an Engineering organization, whether in a development, support or administrative role
* Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
* Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their stakeholders (also engineers)
* Hyper-organized and capable of juggling all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
* Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing agile/Scrum best practices
* Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
* Driven by an attuned sense of priority and urgency
* Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
* Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally, MS Project)
* Interested in learning everything about MongoDB
* Design and improve the processes and tools that inform the daily life of Server engineers
* Act as the glue between Server Engineering and Product to prioritize the team's backlog and plan its release roadmap
* Facilitate communication with other MongoDB engineering teams to ensure that all roadmaps are aligned
* Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
* Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them where not possible
* Expand knowledge into new domains as called upon
* In 3 months you'll have fully ramped on Server team development processes
* In 6 months you'll have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
* In 12 months you'll have started to identify areas for process improvement across the Server team
* MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*
MongoDB is a company developing open-source document and NoSQL databases.