Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for an IT Program Management role located in Austin, TX. The selected candidate will support initiatives involving the development, design, and optimization of one of more IT and systems functions supporting customer business processes and technical information system platforms. Responsible for status reports, customer relationship management, program reviews, and other program performance functions. Collaborates with functional staff to address corporate initiatives and requirements.
The Contractor shall provide IT project management support for various ITOPS IO projects and subprojects.
The Contractor shall expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise
projects. The Contractor shall manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and
scope of the individual project. The Contractor shall ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The
scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects,
telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
The Contractor shall:
1. Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards
and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
2. Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project Management.
3. Develop formal project charters as required by the ITOPS IO Program Manager.
4. Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project
5. Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project
products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
6. Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
7. Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project
8. Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
9. Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
10. Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks
required to execute the project. The Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are
deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project
plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any
reviews and approvals required.
11. Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule,
and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
12. Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project
are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be
accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
13. Apprise EO management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
14. Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status,
utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project Management tools.
15. Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to
ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All
variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals
16. Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
17. Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives. The
Contractor shall utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality
objectives without requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be provided to the
COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
18. Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those
artifacts mandated by VA and ITOPS IO standards.
19. Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and
performing project activities.
20. Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
21. Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
22. Develop estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the
23. Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
24. Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take
corrective actions as necessary.
25. Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight
* Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 15 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
* PMP Certification
* US Citizen
* Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
* Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
* Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
* Excellent organization and analytical skills.
* Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.