Program Manager- Clifton, NJ
Job ID: ES20190705-31239
Harris Corporation is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Program Manager with strong team leadership and program management skills. PM will be responsible for managing the development, integration and deployment of complex electronic warfare systems and for managing segments of major programs which require the formulation and implementation of coherent program plans, leadership of large teams, and coordination with Sr. Management, functional departments and customers.
* Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
* Participates in the negotiation of the contract and contract changes.
* Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
* Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
* Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
* Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
* Monitors all program activities to ensure compliance with product specifications, performance requirements, schedules and cost commitments.
* Manages programs through the integration of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) processes and procedures.
* Identifies existing or potential program risks and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
* Responsible for managing cost, schedule, performance and stakeholders of large program segments.
* Ensures that all required resources such as engineering, human resources, production, computer resources and licenses, facilities are available for the program.
* Plans, directs and monitors program budget and serves as primary customer contact for program information.
* Oversees the generation, quality and timeliness of all written customer deliverables and reports.
* May be responsible for business development within current customer base and/or for new customers.
* Occasional travel required - 10%.
* BS required; MS desired in Engineering, Business or related disciplines.
* 6+ years Project or Program Management of government defense contracts.
* 2+ years Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
* Active Secret level clearance or above.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Experience in Systems Engineering or Engineering Design.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work with other teams, business units, and customers.
* Program Finance knowledge.
* Excellent customer and stakeholder communication and negotiation skills.
* Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
* PMP or equivalent.
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER