Posting Job Description
Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide program(s) consisting of multiple projects. Ensures successful integration of several projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. This job requires extensive technical and project management experience. In addition to managing the projects, responsible for managing a team of projects managers including regular review of the health of the projects and assessments of the team, skills and providing coaching as necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Develops the program strategy, supporting business case and various high-level project plans.
* Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. May also coordinate with multiple project managers to assemble overall program plan.
* Serves as a mentor and manager to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes.
* Accountable for the execution of established project management processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations.
* Accountable for plans and teamwork assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating and communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate.
* Communicates with leadership and other stakeholders on program strategy, direction and changes.
* Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
* Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
* Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
* Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development and implementation of the program.
* Mentors and manages a team of project managers and/or other project management staff.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to work independently with no supervision and guidance
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
* Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
* Ability to show judgement and initiative to accomplish job duties
* Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
* Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
* Superb ability to oversee and manage large, complex, diverse and strategic projects that impact the organization as a whole
* Excellent ability in implementing program and project plans and monitor progress, resource usage and quality
* Advanced understanding and ability to manage complex program and project budgets
* Advanced knowledge in conducting risk assessments and developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
Related Work Experience
5+ years of Project Management experience
7+ years of IT or Engineering work experience
Education, Certification & Licenses
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience
* Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is strongly preferred