7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Program Manager - Cloud
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits and a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. Capital One was the first major bank to release an open, API-driven platform.
Capital One is seeking a skilled and experienced Program Manager - Cloud to help support a fast moving product team that is focused on optimizing spend and configuration across our AWS infrastructure.
This is a high-impact role that will support a team delivering new products and introduce dynamic ways of bringing a wide variety of stakeholders and project dependencies into a fast-moving environment focused around cloud technologies.
There are a wide variety of stakeholders who need visibility, and you will own the communication and reporting out to those stakeholders, adapting to their required level of knowledge and involvement in the program. You will use a variety of traditional and new tools, including project planning tools, wikis and blogs, email, spreadsheets, and meetings.
* Consult with business partners (including Enterprise Technology, PowerUp, and Line of Business Tech teams) to understand our current Cloud spend, and focus on bringing structure and organization to our Cloud spend optimization efforts.
* Establish reporting and tracking mechanisms to keep partners and leadership up to date on progress, obstacles, and new ideas.
* Create and manage workstreams to socialize the Cloud optimization objectives, best practices, and facilitate knowledge transfer.
* Work with partner teams to drive prioritization of Cloud optimization program goals within LOB team backlogs and execution of related optimization activity.
* Function as a central resource for teams to share information on successes and problems achieving program goals.
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time.
* Coordinate project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
* Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
* Help maintain comprehensive project documentation and dashboards.
* Bachelor's degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of Project Management experience working directly with Software/Infrastructure development teams
* At least 2 years of AWS Cloud Infrastructure experience (Planning, Configuration, Instance Types, Deployment, Cost Levers)
* 5+ years of experience in an AWS environment working with operational configurations
* 3+ years of experience optimizing AWS workloads
* 3+ years of experience in delivering digital products to market
* 3+ years of experience with Project Management Tools, as well as Excel and Confluence
* 3+ years of experience managing client/vendor relationships
* PMP, CAPM, MPM, IAPM certifications are preferred
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.