ValidaTek, Inc. is an award-winning Small Business that provides high-security mission-critical IT services to the Federal Government. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes several U.S. Federal Departments. The corporate infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as evidenced by our DCAA Approved accounting system, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certifications, and CMMI Level 5 for Services (CMMI-SVC Level 5) and CMMI Level 3 for Development (CMMI-DEV Level 3) appraisals. We pride ourselves in being the best and only attracting and retaining the best talent to fuel our rapid growth. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The OPIC OCIO leverages information technology, management and consulting resources to support OPICs goals to grow the OPIC portfolio and development impact, increase environmental benefit, foster productivity and efficiency and build long-term support for OPIC to advance U.S. foreign policy objectives by supporting administration goals. With its headquarters in Washington, D.C., OPIC administers Loans, Private Equity Funds, and Political Risk Insurance products in 150 countries around the world. OCIO TS is tasked with providing OPIC's information technology (IT) resources necessary to support OPICs approximate 550 employees and contractors located in Washington, D.C. and approximately four (4) OPIC employees stationed overseas.
This project will be supporting OPICs OCIO department in, Customer Relationship Management/Customer Service; Customer Communication/Training; Desktop support and maintenance services; Documentation and technical writing; IT acquisition and asset management support; Network and account administration; Network management and infrastructure; Firewall, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Management, Network Access Control; Network monitoring and maintenance (examples: Switch, Router, Firewall, Access, Active Directory); Internet and intranet services; Program and Project management and administration; Section 508 compliance and remediation; IT asset tracking; Hosting services; COTS application operations, maintenance, security, and client management; Web Server/Application support; Audio Visual (A/V) operations, maintenance, security, and client management; Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC), Lync (Skype), and Cisco WebEx support; and Business Analytics (examples: Detailed Process Design Documents, Business Analysis, BI Toolsets).
Responsible for providing exceptional 3rd level line support to the OCIO IT team, giving support across the whole of business in Front and Back office functions. The role will have oversight of IT Operations including Service Delivery, Application, Security, and Network infrastructure.
* Direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
* Provides ITIL Service disciplines, covering Incident, Problem and Change Management.
* Provides Citrix, VM and Acropolis (Prism) support and administration.
* Provides Cisco Switches, Firewall and Routers support and administration.
* Works with OCIO to establish standards and best practices for managing internal infrastructure, including network, access rights, desktops, servers, internal applications.
* Implement policies/standards to improve the quality and efficiency of support services based on ITIL methodology.
* Works closely with the IT Service Desk and other Specialist to ensure a timely, robust and comprehensive service transition process.
* Works with the Service Desk team to set SLA criteria for the availability and performance of the IT infrastructure.
* Responsible for overall system and infrastructure availability and develop a resilient infrastructure to reduce failures.
* Responsible for day-to-day system administration, including management of internal network, VPN, Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and system backups.
* Jointly responsible for management of the rollout and support of desktop devices, including laptops and printers, and productivity tools such as Outlook and MSOffice.
* Ensures that systems, processes and methodologies are maintained, followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery.
* Ensures delivery of individual and team projects allocated within aggressive delivery times.
* Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of infrastructure service delivery methods and procedures.
* Monitors business critical processes and systems.
* Installs, configures and supports new and existing servers and network infrastructure.
* Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
* Develop and lead the replacement of infrastructure at end of life.
* Conducts testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure components.
* Maintains server uptime consistent with Business goals and metrics.
* Maintains and constantly improves server and network performance, reliability and
* security in line with best business and Federal practices.
* Execution of DR tests as planned and agreed.
* Maintains a schedule of formal service reviews with key stakeholders and management of the key 3rd party providers who provide the IT operational service.
* Identifies opportunities to simplify IT Service Desk operations through continuous improvement initiatives.
Provide occasional out of hours support
Education and Certifications
* Degree in IT or related discipline
* ITIL Service delivery manager qualifications
* MCSE + Security
* Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) - (Desirable)
* CISCO Certified (Desirable)
Knowledge and Experience
* In depth ITIL Knowledge
* At least 5 years experience of managing a similarly sized team
* 3 years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery, preferably with a medium size organization
* Good understanding of Server & desktop hardware/ operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
* A probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies
* A very strong customer orientated approach with a delivery bias
* Ability to prioritize and allocate resource/effort appropriately
* Experience of working with 3rd party service providers
* Proactive team player
* In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
* In depth knowledge of Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration)
* In depth knowledge of Messaging (MS Exchange, Archiving, Unified Communications)
* In depth knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts. Good understanding of VMWare 6.x and Nutanix PRISM / Acropolis
* Good understanding of IT security and Data protection
* In-depth understanding of Cloud and mobile technology
* Good knowledge of Citrix
* Good understanding of Powershell scripting (Desirable)
* Exposure to MS SharePoint
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
* Ability to manage through organizational change.
Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to verify authorization to work in the United States.
ValidaTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.