Apply from inside the Univar IT network Apply from outside of the Univar IT network
Title: Program Manager
Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Requisition ID: 10223
At ChemPoint, we pride ourselves in leading the chemical industry in leveraging technology, analytics, and customer experience to provide unique solutions for our customers and supplier partners. We are a small, agile team looking for an experienced leader to guide the continued evolution of our Customer Experience practice, overseeing technology-focused products and projects to increase customer satisfaction and adoption of our online solutions. The Program Manager is responsible for solving hard problems, scoping and delivering large projects end‐to‐end, driving project schedules from design to release, and handling the production launch. This role will partner with Product Owners and Applications Development team to identify process improvements and technology projects than will optimize the user experience focused on meeting business, customer and supplier needs.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
* Leads one or more key programs related to Customer Marketing Experience, Customer Sales & Support Experience, Supplier Engagement Experience and Employee Solutions Experience, working across technology platforms or software applications (products).
* Oversees/manages one or more technology projects and/or collection of smaller projects (program) at the ChemPoint enterprise level. Often has responsibility for management of multiple project leads and their projects across ChemPoint NA & EMEA.
* Works with project team(s) to plan and schedule project deliverables, documentation, goals, and milestones for complex programs and/or multiple projects.
* Designs and implements project/program coordination and tracking methodologies across several project efforts.
* Provides 1-3 year program roadmaps to highlight business opportunities.
* Partners with Applications and Infrastructure teams to provide clear business requirements and deliverables.
* Understands the landscape of current technology, how trends will affect the product in the future, and how to communicate with technology teams and the business.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor's degree from a fully accredited four-year institution or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years' experience in business-to-business service organization, preferably as a Business Analyst or Marketing Manager
* 2-3 years' experience developing and implementing concepts, programs, and projects
* Direct supervision for 2-4 analysts depending on area of responsibility.
* Manages contract resources as needed.
* Fulfills supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Ability to apply critical thinking skills for developing solutions and strategies for all areas of responsibility while keeping a global company perspective of proposed process enhancements.
* Able to lead by demonstrating desired behaviors (i.e., work ethic, adaptability, creativity) and being accountable for performance in area of responsibility.
* Demonstrates capabilities across a broad skillset, including change leadership, solution vision, relationship development, and tactical execution.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to build collaboration among multi-functional Business teams including the ability to manage conflict resolution with all levels of involved personnel.
* Promotes cooperation and remove obstacles to teamwork across intra-organizations.
* Relates well to all levels of team members by establishing open, candid, and trusting relationships through fair and consistent treatment.
* Able to build teams whose members have complementary strengths and thrive in a culture of stretching while readily adapting to change.
* Inspires team to continuously strive for high quality/quantity performance with continuous improvements.
* Recognizes and promotes the full potential of others by providing resources, coaching, experience, support.
* Problem-solving and negotiation ability.
* Written and verbal communication and active listening skills.
* Strong PC skills required (MS Office, Project, TFS, SharePoint).
Univar Solutions/ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
About Univar Solutions
Univar Solutions (formerly known as Univar) is a chemical and ingredient supplier as well as a provider of distribution and specialized services to customers across a range of diverse industries.