1. Lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
2. Leading program management efforts for production locales, communicating risks and executing risk mitigation strategies, delivering moderately- complex medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery.
3. Owning and executing the processes for weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews, including presenting to other teams while demonstrating enough technical aptitude to credibly communicate with engineers and work with them to identify high-performance, scalable solutions.
4. Tracking progress against organizational goals for throughput, velocity, etc. and documenting any blocks while serving as a primary escalation point for project team members; identifying and evaluating potential risk/obstacles with minimal direction from senior program managers.
5. Executing initiatives by standardizing approaches, documenting best practices, and enabling new ideas to keep the process evolving by actively considering global release during project planning; identifying relevancy to other locales and assisting in global release efforts.
6. Scaling existing programs by defining and creating processes that will scale to meet growing data demand by applying proficient knowledge of core technology and/or functional area to coordinate program design and launch with schedule and budget constraints.
7. Building and managing operational processes to improve process efficiencies across production locales and leading process-improvement exercises while understanding the company technology capabilities and build and deployment processes.
8. Detailing annual resource forecasting, receiving input and synthesizing requests and priority across org. leads by partnering with Team and Operations Managers, as well as Recruiting; compiling project schedule and recommending optimal resource usage.
9. 10% domestic and international travel.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.