Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking an Application Management Production System Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You'll use your advanced technology and automation skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies, while relentlessly pursuing opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
What you'll be doing:
* Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events.
* Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, alignment on business priorities, focus on operational effectiveness metrics and drive to predictably and efficiently deliver on your commitments.
* Collaborate with engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our products to innovate & engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers
* Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
* Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
* Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
* Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
What we'll want you to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
* Demonstrative experience in Windows Server and IIS Administration Fundamentals
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration and Always on Failover Cluster Instances and Availability Groups
* Practical experience managing Citrix XenApp enterprise environments is preferred
* A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure preferred)
* Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
* Practical experience with Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required.
* Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
Why you'll want to come work here:
* Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
* Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
* Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25 and Fortune's Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
* Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.