Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company's portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company's newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming. For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram
We are a team of designers with expertise in user experience design, visual design, content strategy, and design research. We partner closely with product management, engineering, editorial, and business partners to strategize, design, and launch successful world-class digital media products. We believe that a well-formed design culture is essential to delivering top-notch work.
As a designer, you're excited about problem solving and expanding your craft. You have a passion for how people use digital products and experiences, and want to learn more about it.
* A portfolio of thoughtful work encompassing user experience and visual design and demonstrating holistic thinking
* Solid product design execution skills; experience launching real mobile and web products a plus
* Understanding of current web technology capabilities and limitations (html/css/jquery)
* Experience prototyping, iterating and refining design solutions based on user feedback
* Familiarity with design research methods and how user insights/behaviors inform design decisions and strategies
* Experience creating design artifacts (user journeys, wireframes, functional specs) to communicate your ideas to others
* Awareness of existing UX + visual design systems and a desire to learn more about them
* A love of cultural brands and an interest in driving the future of storytelling which will help frame the larger context we are working within, including the nature of an advertising-driven business
As a member of the product and technology group, you're a solid contributor and an enthusiastic collaborator with engineers, product managers, designers and team leaders.
* Able to create design solutions based on specific product requirements; plus an interest in shaping requirements
* Flexible working style; comfortable with a collaborative and iterative design process and working closely with engineers to ensure pixel-perfect implementation
* Some experience presenting design work to others, strong articulation and speaking skills
* A holistic approach to problem solving; visual thinker and rapid synthesizer of information
* Humble with a willingness to learn and teach
As a teammate, you show a desire to learn, share, and proactively improve things around you.
* Ability to establish a perspective and articulate your thinking behind design decisions
* Experience providing and receiving critique; works with feedback gracefully and productively
* Proactive style; ability to take direction from other team members while also showing initiative
* Excitement about the design community in NYC and at large as we increase the visibility of Condé Nast's growing capabilities across the organization
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.