Our mission at Cappex is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced designer to join our team in Chicago, Illinois.
The Cappex Product Team is a tight-knit and growing group of passionate individuals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Together we aim to reimagine what the college search and decision process can be. As a member of the Product Team, you will play an integral and influential part in planning and executing our new product vision.
You will work hand-in-hand with product managers, analysts, designers, and the development team to deliver innovative and differentiated products to market. You will represent and nurture the voice of the customer, driving the product line and business forward with both tactical and strategic improvements to the overall user experience.
* Design desktop and mobile user interfaces that are clean, easy and intuitive, which incorporate the latest technologies, user feedback, and UX best practices
* Create, implement, and communicate visual design and user interface standards to internal product and development team members as well as project stakeholders
* Create, evaluate, and modify high and low fidelity prototypes and wireframes to support market research and help drive the front end development process
* Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
* Embrace responsive design usability standards
* Communicate effectively across the organization, from developer to executive
* 2 to 5 years of experience in designing user interfaces for web'desktop or mobile
* Strong knowledge of web, mobile, and interactive design principles including layout, grid systems, information architecture, responsive design, and typography
* A strong portfolio that shows a variety of successful web/mobile application solutions, including interactive design, concept development, and communication
* A great sense of aesthetic, the ability to make complex ideas accessible, and the passion to articulate and stand up for ideas
* Bachelor's degree in design or similar field
* Passionate about designing clean, intuitive interfaces with knowledge of current best practices
* Experience working within a design system
* Ability to work both at a strategic and tactical level with a broad understanding of the business drivers for design deliverables
* Experience with working directly with developers to ensure the successful implementation of design specifications
* A good understanding of CSS- or HTML-driven interactive applications
* Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools (Balsamiq, InVision)
* Strong skills in Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
* Experience in agile environments and comfort with quick iterations
All applications will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest, but will only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
Equal Opportunity Employer