At Lyric we believe life should not be put on hold, while on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
We're looking for a Product Design Manager to lead and grow the Product Design team in turning our vision into reality - someone who is willing to be hands-on but also able and effective at mentoring the team to create delightful, empathetic and holistic experiences. These experiences cover everything from customer-facing apps and websites to dashboards and analytical tools to in-room interactive technology-driven experiences.
What you'll be doing:
* Mentoring and growing the Product Design team to solve complex design problems and drive learnings for whatever challenges come next.
* Advancing design thinking, processes and tools in the company to define how our products should look, feel and interact with each other while imbuing a design-centric approach in everything we do.
* Driving identification of customer needs across the entire system, together with your product and engineering counterparts, through user research, competitive analysis and other means.
* Defining and conducting user research to understand user needs and validate and iterate on solutions.
* Creating simple & beautiful end-to-end solutions to address customer needs, including UX design, visual design, wire-framing, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes and micro-interaction animations.
We're looking for someone who is:
* Experienced product designer: You have at least 8 years of experience designing simple but beautiful customer-facing complete systems, not only websites or apps.
* Respected leader and manager: You've managed other product designers for at least 2 years and are respected in the design community and in your own team for your ability to lead and motivate in achieving the goals identified.
* Seasoned in recruiting: You have multiple years of experience identifying and recruiting top Product Designer talent - and putting in place the right processes to evaluate potential candidates.
* Passion for learning and mentorship: You love improving yourself and have a deep passion to grow your fellow product designers through mentorship.
* Empathetic: You are able to deeply empathize with users to understand their needs and how best to address those needs through product design, demonstrated through a track record of beautiful, accessible products.
* Effective communicator: You are able to leverage highly effective communication skills to both articulate design decisions and effectively collaborate with your fellow team members, including senior leadership.
* Multi-disciplinary, platform agnostic: You can take any tool and figure out how to use it efficiently and effectively to achieve the desired goals across any platform. Expertise in HTML/CSS/JS preferred.
* Skilled UX designer: You are a seasoned and skilled UX designer and are able to demonstrate and articulate understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows. You are able to create interactive prototypes in tool like Framer, or Keynote or Invision.
* Skilled visual designer: You are a seasoned and skilled visual designer and are able to demonstrate and articulate understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
Your first 90 Days…
* Learn more about the people, vision, values, mission, OKRs, tools, and products of Lyric
* Develop an understanding of the current company and team needs from a Product Designer perspective
* Take the lead on key product design projects, as needed
* Refine and develop the processes the Product Design team uses to build products
* Work with the VP of Product to define the Product Design hiring roadmap and execute on it
* Develop and refine our style guide, design principles, patterns
* Explore our various user journeys and pinpoint areas we need to improve
Perks and Benefits:
* Competitive salary and equity
* Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
* Commuter benefits
* Guideline 401K
* Education stipend
* Unlimited PTO
* Pet Friendly Office!
Lyric is a full-stack hospitality company that designs the software, spaces, and experiences that will power the next generation of how the world both travels & lives.
We design & manage premium creative suites that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software & data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is a $1.2 trillion industry, and is poised to change dramatically around the demands of the next generation of travelers.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC's in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Lyric is an equal-opportunity employer.