Invaluable, the world's largest online live auction marketplace is rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, Invaluable allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world's premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across Invaluable and AuctionZip web properties, as well as access to RFC Systems, the company's auction management software. Invaluable's best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
About the Role:
Product Design at Invaluable is a team sport. Designers collaborate with Product leaders, customers, developers, and design team members to define and execute against a comprehensive design plan. This requires translating strategy, business requirements, assisting in customer research, distilling key findings and deriving usability best practices. You'll be playing an integral role in a large new company-wide initiative by delivering high-quality, customer-centric and customer-validated designs that reinforce the product vision, brand and business objectives.
As a member of the Product Design team, you'll help drive the design and success of our SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry. You're a problem solver who collaborates well and is comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You're a self-starter, an excellent communicator and passionate for great design - with some prior examples of work you're proud to show. You are focused on behaviors and outcomes while thinking about comprehensive design systems, rather than relying on flashy effects.
* Collaborate with other Product designers, product managers, software developers, and users to design exceptional user experiences.
* Provide Product & Development teams with customer-validated shovel-ready designs.
* Use a variety of methods to document design decisions including sketches, process flows, wireframes, storyboards, visual design mockups and interactive prototypes.
* Support product design team in user research related activities to understand user needs
* Support product design in team analyzing user analysis of
* e-commerce applications
* Help maintain and evolve our Product Design Documentation.
* Recent college grad, or current student
* 0-1 years of experience in UX/UI design, product design, interaction design, information architecture (IA) or other related disciplines
* Solid understanding of user centered design principles
* Some knowledge of Web UI principles
* Strong visual sensibility
* Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Proto.io, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop and Illustrator
* Team player, solutions-oriented, and consensus builder
* This is a paid internship.
Invaluable is a large global online live auction marketplace for fine and decorative arts, antiques and collectibles.