Working in our Commerce City refinery, you will be responsible for maintaining a secure and reliable Process Control Network (PCN) infrastructure to support safe and reliable refinery operations. If you are passionate about technical guidance and mentoring others, building positive relationships, problem solving, and working within a collaborative team environment, then this role is for you!
You will use your expertise to:
* Maintain, monitor, and improve the security, reliability, and performance of the PCN infrastructure assets * Integrate process control applications with business network infrastructure * Continuously improve existing processes for supporting internal stakeholders
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
* Five years of related experience in an industrial setting * A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science * Demonstrated a breadth of computer knowledge and networking; including communication protocols, firewall administration, switch configuration, operating systems, and advance programming/scripting concepts * Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
* Experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment * Demonstrated the ability to effectively work alone or as part of a multi-disciplined technical team supporting process controls, process controls systems, networks, maintenance, and operations * A solid understanding of cyber-security policies and practices * Experience with Honeywell TDC3000, TPS, Experion, and Emerson DeltaV DCS systems * Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities under tight deadlines * Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability and desire to continuously improve technical knowledge * Strong non-authoritative leadership skills when communicating process control systems and network concepts to diverse groups with various levels of understanding and experience * A highly motivated individual who is committed to providing exceptional customer service
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
* You will work out of our Commerce City refinery, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd. * Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs * This position is safety sensitive * You must be able to work extended hours and weekends due to turnarounds, unit start-ups, or call outs * You have the ability to work under stressful complex work environment with potentially rapidly changing conditions; stress may come from striving to keep control systems applications tuned and working to maximize profitability * You thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities, challenging demands, and strict deadlines
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor Energy Inc., a leading integrated energy company based in Calgary, Canada with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing. Suncor's downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado's only refinery - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
We want you to have a job that will fit your life - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
* Competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program * Work/Life Balance * Flexible benefits package * Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
* For more information on a career in Denver, click here * Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news * Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts * Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.