Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a top tier target on the internet. In addition to protecting our customers' digital currency, we also have the responsibility to protect the data of our customers, employees, and stakeholders. If you're looking to grow privacy and data protection capabilities in a high-intensity environment, we'd like to speak with you about joining our privacy team.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of Coinbase products, infrastructure, and services, and drive positive privacy outcomes throughout the product development lifecycle.
* Collaborate with Legal and Security to organize policy and regulatory compliance updates for the Coinbase product and engineering teams.
* Drive innovative privacy solutions and best practices across the company as we expand into new jurisdictions.
* Identify privacy risks and work aggressively in partnership with various teams to resolution.
* Provide input to privacy maturity model, develop privacy metrics, and track achievement of outcomes over time.
* Assist with data subject privacy rights requests; provide input to services to assist with response.
* Develop documentation to support broadening of privacy education and expertise at Coinbase, including awareness materials, trainings, or process documentation.
* Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to Legal, Security, and key stakeholders.
* Build relationships with a broad set of internal Coinbase employees to accomplish project objectives.
* Outstanding written and spoken communications skills
* Ability to effectively and autonomously accomplish outcomes across cross-functional teams at all levels in ambiguous situations
* Solid project or program management experience in technical disciplines
* Hands-on experience with IT, security, or privacy compliance
* Architectural understanding of web and mobile products
In an ever-evolving environment, global privacy is essential to ensuring the trust of our global customers. As such, we are looking for a passionate privacy professional who has strong organizational skills and a vision for implementing privacy by design at Coinbase.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.