Job ID 108533 Date posted 07/03/2019 Apply
Principal Software Architect
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We�ve earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
As a Principal Software Architect you will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, overseeing and providing technical guidance in the development of new software architecture designs for software systems that could include embedded software, applications, board support packages, and low level libraries.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Responsible for the evaluation, design, and development of software systems, including creating architectural approaches for software design and implementations to guide the development team.
* Collaborates with engineers from all disciplines to determine functional and non-functional requirements for software systems.
* Collaborates with Customers to identify business requirements.
* Employs Model Based Systems Engineering methodologies and tools to create representations of functionality and interfaces of the software system.
* Defines all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
* Contribute to the development of software requirement specifications for the software system
* Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of the software test plans and procedures
* Lead a team of software engineers to meet program objectives through the entire software development lifecycle.
* Other duties as assigned.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Apply SAVE FOR LATER