Our vision for Alexa is to create the smartest and most entertaining digital personal assistant.
Our team empowers experience makers, key partners/brands, entrepreneurs, and developers to leverage Alexa to create exciting, new, voice-first multimodal experiences and interactions, or Skills, across a variety of Alexa-enabled devices for their customers.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative, expert Principal VUI Designer to join our team.
This Seattle, WA, based role is a unique opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, voice designers, design technologists, and UX researchers who are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers who are shaping the future of human-machine interfaces.
You help developers build engaging skills and conversational AI design for Alexa, by designing tools and workflows, many of which are the first time.
As a Principal VUI Designer, you will serve as a design lead on our most demanding cross functional design problems driving spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon. You are proactive; you regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success is to get ahead of the curve. You are a pragmatic visionary; you translate business needs and constraints into a simple, intuitive, customer-focused solution. You are a collaborator; you work side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. Most importantly, you are an innovator; you create solutions to ambitious problems for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract, and driving the vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer and a leader who can:
* Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, program, and engineering teams from design concept to design solution, setting UX guidelines, creating assets, and aiding in bug fixes to ensure bar-raising quality all the way to market.
* Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to fulfill the vision
* Use various inputs to identify and define exciting new concepts, opportunities, and customer problems.
* Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product's objectives
* Inspire, mentor, and lead a variety of designers on the User Experience team
* Create pattern libraries, templates, and tools for a variety of users on our platform
* Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.