Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal UX Designer - Marketing Cloud
About Oracle Marketing Cloud
As the leader in modern marketing, the Oracle Marketing Cloud enables innovative marketing automation solutions to help modern marketers target the right buyers, easily execute campaigns across different channels like Email, text messaging and social media to help convert leads to sales and deliver the highest return on your marketing investment.
Check out more about our products at https://www.oracle.com/marketingcloud/products.html
In your role as User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing, easy to use, intuitive and delightful Experiences for our products. You are a strong thinker and a problem solver who can approach the design of our products at a conceptual level as well at the UI level. You should be able to understand user's mental models and design products based on a strong understanding of user goals, user journeys, use cases and user behaviors. You should be able to translate this thinking into UI that boast of efficient Information and Interaction design with a strong sense of visual aesthetics.
Working in close coordination with designers, user researchers, engineering, and product management, you will produce concept sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, detailed specs, and production assets. In addition, you may develop user profiles, provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, and may assist in developing and implementing design concepts. If you specialize in Visual Design your will be involved in design of data visualizations, dashboards and will help build and maintain a design language system
Ideal Background that will help you succeed in this role
* 10 years of experience in visual design or interaction design within complex, rich interactive web applications, with a strong understanding of mobile or responsive design concepts. You should have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.- Your experience will show an ability to both follow and establish practices and guidelines for designing user interfaces.
* Your portfolio and your interviews should demonstrate that you can effectively articulate ideas through effective visual and oral presentation. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Your portfolio should demonstrate that you have excellent analytical and creative thinking abilities and the ability to apply these skills in a rational way to complex systems
* You'll need a great attitude and the ability to get things done, whether working independently or collaborating with a team
* Proficiency with the designer tools expected. E.g sketch, invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
* Experience working in enterprise software, Email Solution Providers, Marketing Automation, and/or -CRM solutions is highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.