Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Corporation - Global IT Team
This role can be performed from an Oracle office location the Denver, CO area, or the Salt Lake City, UT area.
Oracle's in-house IT department is in search of a principal UX designer with a strong background in solving business problems by creating innovative digital experiences that meet human needs in a useful, usable, and meaningful way. We need a thoughtful, talented, multi-faceted user experience designer well versed in:
* Interaction Design * UX Research & Usability * Lean UX & Agile * Content Design (desired, but optional) * Conversational Design (desired, but optional)
Your primary mission will be to understand our business needs and product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, and platforms for mobile and web. As a key contributor of the IT User Experience team, you'll have a voice and a hand in many IT projects that impact the entire company.
You'll be primarily responsible for applying the principals of human centered design to the create or enhance products and services used by 140,000 employees around the world. This is an opportunity to see the work you do impact thousands of people, making their work lives better, helping them be more productive, and ultimately, helping Oracle be all that it can be.
You'll work with a small, passionate UX Design team in a larger IT organization that has varying levels of user-centered design experience - you should be an expert at not only applying UX design practices, but at evangelizing and teaching the benefit of the approach. Since you will be working closely with our product managers, developers, designers, architects, analysts and other key stakeholders, you must be a team player.
Here's the kind of person we're looking for:
* You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with designers, user researchers, engineers, product managers, executives, and inspire them to do their best. * You're a full stack user experience designer. You look at UX research, interaction design, content design, human factors, usability engineering and more as tools in the UX designer's toolkit. You may have strengths in some of these areas, and want to learn more in others, but you know how to talk about each and work with your colleagues to combine them all into an experience that delights. * You get stuff done. * You're a fantastic storyteller. You know that our internal products and services tell our employees a story through the user experience. You won't rest until that story is a compelling one. * You love rules and you know when to break them. You think systemically because you know that creating a coherent experience requires it. But you know when the system needs to expand to accommodate a user's varied conceptual model. And you know when to do something completely unique to create an arresting and product-defining moment in the product that makes users ooh and aah. * You don't already know everything and you love to learn. You're inspired by helping users solve their problems. You love finding out you're wrong. You consume large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data to constantly refine your assumptions. * And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to becoming a light unto others when it comes to user experience design. * You might have learned your craft via formal training or via on-the-job training. For most candidates, it's a combination of both. As long as you've got experience and passion doing this work at the highest level, we'd love to talk to talk to you and see a portfolio of the work you're most proud of.
What's in it for you:
* Make a big impact on the User Experience of IT products and services that 140,000 employees use at Oracle, * run with a talented and fun team that gets to innovate and define UX designs on digital, web, and mobile solutions, * receive excellent health, dental, and vision benefits, * and get paid (well) for doing it.
What you'll be doing:
* Using a lean approach (such as that described in "Lean UX" by Gothelf & Seiden) you'll work with agile development teams to solve business problems and meet employee needs by researching, designing, and testing user-centric solutions. * Create rapid prototypes and design experiments to test design concepts with users and stakeholders. * Collaborate with IT management & stakeholders, UX professionals, developers and content editors to marry design with content to meet business objectives and employee needs. * Successfully extend designs across different devices: desktop, tablet, mobile, via responsive and native design techniques. * Work independently and as a part of a larger team. * Interact clearly and confidently with internal clients to determine interaction and visual design needs and present ideas. * See a project from start to finish; be comfortable with doing detective work and research when needed. * Drive brand consistency while creating new digital design patterns.
Skills you'll need:
* 5 years of experience as a UX Designer. * UX Research - usability testing, heuristic evaluation, persona development. * Interaction Design - user story mapping, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, design psychology, information architecture. * Lean UX - early customer validation, collaborative design, solving user problems, measuring KPIs, applying appropriate tools, nimble design. * UX Content Design - accessibility, layout, comprehension, readability, user-centric writing standards. * Agile - experience working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle agile methodologies such as Scrum; experience with Scaled Agile a big plus. * Conversational Design - experience designing conversational interactions such as digital assistants and chatbots. * Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea). * Zen-like mastery in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, and other similar tools of the trade. * A sense of humor and good listening skills a plus.
Be prepared to show your portfolio including:
* UX design artifacts from inception to finished product: * Business problem to be solved / user need to be met * Minimum Viable Experiment (approach for testing solution hypothesis with minimal effort and quick turnaround) * UX Research you've conducted such as usability testing, heuristic evaluation, and the development of personas * Sketches & wireframes * Finished product examples (focus on web pages, web apps, and mobile apps)
* Evidence of successful design projects (including KPIs, metrics, qualitative and quantitative measures of success). Examples of failures that you learned from are great too! * Process - demonstrate your approach to UX Design & Lean UX.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.