Are you looking for a chance to play a crucial role in fostering the digital transformation of one of the largest industries in the world? Do you flourish when diving into chaos with minimal guidance? If so, we'd love to continue the conversation.
Cox Automotive is seeking an experienced Principal Technical Architect for our Common Retail Services (CRS) group in Austin, TX.
Cox Automotive is the global leader in providing innovations that connect buyers, dealerships, lenders, advertisers, and more. We're seeking a Principal Technical Architect to help the Retail Reporting team craft our next-generation analytics platform.
Who we are:
Introducing Common Retail Services. We are transforming how automotive groups engage with consumers. We provide a robust suite of tools that enable our business partners to deliver world-class customer experiences.
The mission is to discover the reports and logistical optimizations that render our clients the insights and automation they need to drive growth and profitability in a highly competitive marketplace.
We believe building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape. We recognize the vitalness of a healthy work-life balance. We affirm the importance of learning as a life-long process and embrace a culture of evaluating our successes and failures with equivalent levels of passion.
Cox Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer. We cherish diversity and do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
What's in it for you:
We value your dedication and integrity. In return for your effort, it's our privilege to offer benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To discover more about life at Cox, please visit:
A successful person in this role will:
* Partner with Product to identify remunerative opportunities that improve the lives of our customers.
* Collaborate to advance towards consensus on a cohesive architectural vision.
* Champion the technology direction via outreach or reference implementations.
* Guide engineering with consideration of the entropy of enterprise software to prevent the Big Ball of Mud.
* Assess the organizational and fiscal impact of software architecture. Propose team structures that bolster development.
* Pinpoint quality risk factors. Raise concerns when you see something introduce uncertainty.
* Charge forward undaunted in the face of esoteric requirements. Carve up big ambitions into incrementally deliverable features.
* Remain informed on initiatives across release trains. Aid managers to effectively prioritize to align competing agendas.
* Accelerate delivery by cultivating a cadre of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers.
* Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike.
* 10 years of experience in SAAS, PAAS, or Distributed Systems engineering, architecture, and design.
* Experience having designed and architected cloud-based service model
* Industry current coding ability
Who is an ideal fit:
* Your career spans 10 years and reflects proficiency in implementing complex, highly available systems.
* You have utilized at least one cloud-based host (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
* You view the -aaS hierarchy, containerization, and 12-Factor as core to your approach.
* You have put into practice a petascale enterprise data strategy. You can elaborate on the challenges of aggregating information from disparate sources into a data lake, warehouse, or materialized reporting views.
* You understand the basics of micro-batch and stream processing with engines like Apache Spark, Flink, Kafka, or Storm, and how to employ them to solve problems like ETL and machine learning.
* You're a polyglot programmer. You view Go, Ruby, Bash, and Python as instruments to be applied with care to a problem.
* You are well-versed in various messaging patterns, such as request-reply, pub-sub, fan-out, and when to use them.
* You demonstrate proven expertise with a wide variety of storage technologies, from Oracle and PostgreSQL to NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra.
* You facilitate threat modeling exercises to ameliorate gaps in security against multiple attack vectors, and author remediation plans.
* You display a firm grasp on basic infrastructure design and topologies.
* You create networked applications using modern semantics and protocols within the same vein as RESTful, gRPC, GraphQL, Avro, or Thrift.
* You are highly motivated, love learning, and continually strive to achieve your growth objectives.
* A careful deliberator, you concisely tailor nebulous concepts into respectful, patient communications to varied audiences.
* You have a voracious appetite for exploring new technologies and architecture paradigms - counterbalanced by a predilection for simple, pragmatic solutions.
* Industry background is a plus.