This position is part of the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control and MBDA Deutschland Joint Venture (JV) team to develop the next generation Integrated Air and Missile Defense System, "TLVS," for the German Bundeswehr. The JV is the prime contractor for this new system, which is headquartered in Schrobenhausen, Germany. The company will also have operations in Dallas, Texas, Huntsville, Alabama, and Syracuse, New York, as well as locations in Ulm and Koblenz, Germany.
TLVS is a highly mobile ground based air and missile defense system for protection against the current and future threat spectrum in the lower tier. TLVS is based on the technology and development results of the trinational MEADS air and missile defense system (US, Germany, Italy). The development of this latest generation air defense system was proven by the system demonstration in 2014. TLVS will be employed by Germany in the context of national and collective defense as well as for the protection of deployed troops, facilities and areas against all kinds of aerial threats including the interception of the latest generation of ballistic missiles. The individual components of the system are mounted on protected vehicles, offering high tactical mobility for the protection of mobile land forces.
This position will be an expatriate assignment located in Schrobenhausen, Germany.
SEIT Lead for TLVS will co-lead all systems engineering activities of the TLVS Joint Venture (JV) in Schrobenhausen, Germany. In close coordination with their MBDA-Deutschland (MBDA-DE) counterpart, the LM SEIT Lead will be directly responsible for the technical, cost, and schedule performance of the JV's System Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) team. The SEIT is responsible for the specification, evaluation, integration, testing, verification, and certification of each major subsystem of the TLVS system, and for balancing the performance of those subsystems to achieve overall compliance with system-level requirements.
Other key responsibilities of the LM SEIT Lead will include:
1) Supporting the CE in recruiting, orienting, maintaining, developing, and evaluating a qualified staff that is well-suited to perform the SEIT scope of work.
2) Participating in the JV's Risk and Opportunity Management processes.
3) Overseeing the planning, monitoring, measuring, and reporting of EVMS status for applicable technical Work Packages.
4) Supporting the CE in the preparation, conduct, and closure of technical milestone reviews.
5) Supporting the CE in guiding major problem identification, root cause determination, and corrective action activities.
* Must currently posses an active Secret clearance.
* Willing to work OCONUS in Schrobenhausen, Germany.
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field, or a related discipline 18 - 20 years of engineering experience supporting technical programs.
* Ability to support occasional travel.
Experience with the following:
* Working with/leading a multi-disciplinary design team and managing development, integration, and test activities through IPT leads or direct management.
* Technically contributing to the design, development, and implementation of the requirements, architecture, and system verification.
* Communicating plans and status to program management, senior leadership, and external customers.
* Leadership experience and background in a relevant systems engineering discipline.