The Principal System Engineer I in Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS) will be part of the System Development & Integration team focusing on the development of a next-generation sequencing (NGS) platform.
The Principal System Engineer majorly contributes or leads the Center of Excellence for Systems Modeling at RSS and Roche to further improve product development. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include design concept generation, clears ambiguity with models, identifies problematic system issues with models. Provides input into requirements for complete, clear, and concise requirements. This role will also be responsible for Leading cross-functional teams to define product concept(s) and requirements. Oversees product development from product concept to the systems end-of-life. Applies Systems Thinking approach to implement a Systems View to development projects. Leads in a cross-functional matrix.
* Develops System Concept Proposals on the basis of customer/product requirements or requirement assumptions * Assesses different concepts in various dimensions (Requirements coverage, Feasibility/Risks, Reuse of Platform Elements, Development Costs and Time, COGP, Reliability, Modularity/Family Approach, Serviceability, Performance, Innovation etc.) * Experience in Conducting Design Verification for diagnostic systems is essential. * Contributes to Design Transfer activities for product manufacturing, Regulatory Compliance evaluation, and medical device safety certification * Nucleic acid based diagnostics technology background and next-generation sequencing experience are highly desirable. * Experience with NGS workflows, data analysis, systems development is desireable * Makes major contributions to strategic directions and projects through knowledge of technology and its creative applications. * Conceives, plans, and executes projects related to the strategic needs of the company. * Designs and executes experiments to test hypothesis related project outcomes; extracts the full relevance of technical observations. * Applies advanced technical knowledge to multi-disciplinary projects. * Assures experimental quality through sound experimental design; utilizes DOE; assists in the design of experiments for others. * Participates or leads cross functional technical teams. * Directly supervises technical personnel. Provides technical advice to technical community. * Oversees Systems Engineering aspects of project tasks to ensure completion within expected parameters and period. * Trains others using a variety of methods on the theoretical and practical basis of techniques, processes and products. * Participates or leads in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design. * Presents results of projects both internally and externally. * Reviews and critiques presentation for others; presents complex technical data to large and diverse groups. * Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Required Skill Set:
* Software Architecture * Systems Thinking * Data Analysis & Optimization * Understand core engineer principles: Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, and Software * Skills with SimEvents, Simulink, Simulink Requirements * Ability to interface models with requirements * Ability to build a simulation system * Elaboration of simulation models that enable the simulation of different customer laboratory configurations * Ability to critically evaluate information from multiple sources, break down high level information into details * Organizational skills to work with a large amount of information and to cope with rapidly changing information * Excellent communication and presentation skills * Ability to articulate advanced technical topics to non-technical individuals * Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously * Reviews and critiques presentation for others; presents complex technical data to large and diverse groups * Ability to understand engineering methodologies as well as the customer perspective in order to create the right product
* BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
* Requires a BS, MS with minimum of 8 years related experience; OR * PhD degree in a directly related discipline + 5 years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. * Expert knowledge and application of engineering principles and concepts. * Reputation as emerging leader in field through performance and accomplishments. * Experienced in indirectly managing in a matrix organization * Good interpersonal communication skills
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Technical Development, Technical Development > Medical Device Technology Development
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.